Bike messenger caught between truck & bus

Jym Dyer

Guest
> Does anyone know who is the patron saint of
> bike messengers?

=v= If they're Catholic, the Madonna del Ghisalo.

=v= If they're pagan, they get a whole god, either
Hermes or Mercury.
<_Jym_>

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Jym Dyer) writes:
>> Does anyone know who is the patron saint of
>> bike messengers?

> =v= If they're Catholic, the Madonna del Ghisalo.
>
> =v= If they're pagan, they get a whole god, either
> Hermes or Mercury.

Then there's the Egyptian deity: Thoth -- sometimes
represented with or symbolized by the ancient
equivalent of clipboard & pen.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

: >> Does anyone know who is the patron saint of
: >> bike messengers?
: >
:
: Then there's the Egyptian deity: Thoth -- sometimes
: represented with or symbolized by the ancient
: equivalent of clipboard & pen.

Did someone just say you're either Catholic or pagan---no other choice?
Hmmm, I think I'd like Mercury. I can't say Thoth without giggling or
sounding gay. So, Mercury it is!

Pat in TX and I didn't even know I was pagan.

[email protected] (Jym Dyer) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Does anyone know who is the patron saint of
>> bike messengers?

> =v= If they're Catholic, the Madonna del Ghisalo.
>
> =v= If they're pagan, they get a whole god, either
> Hermes or Mercury.
> <_Jym_>

Eris aka Heyoka aka Old Man.

Mike

"Pat" <[email protected]> writes:

> Did someone just say you're either Catholic or pagan---no other choice?

I don't think so. And I certainly don't consider myself
to be either. WRT religion, my parents left my choices up
to me. I never got around to making 'em. Or rather, I
guess I chose to go my own personal way, and express my
spirituality in my own, personal, internal, quiet manner.

FWIW my bike is a home-styled, mobile mezuzah -- it's not
'officially' blessed, but I nevertheless give it the respect
it warrants as such. Just by mounting my bike I'm thereby,
regeneratively, made mindful (and heartful) of spiritual stuff.

> Hmmm, I think I'd like Mercury. I can't say Thoth without giggling or
> sounding gay.

It's not phonetically spelled. At least the first 'Th'
is pronounced as an hard 'T', and the following 'o' is
a long vowel. OTOH his other nom de guerre is "Tahuti",
so make of it what you will.

> So, Mercury it is!

The FTD logo.

cheers,