Bike Nashbar rip-offs!!!

jawnn

Nov 17, 2003
I got ripped off by bike nashbar for $60 and they are egnoring my attempts to find out why.

I returned aero bars that din't fit my bars because the cataloge didn't say what size they would. I got only $42 back from $95.

your just begging for trouble dealing with these jerks. :mad:

has anyone else been screwed by these dolts?
is there any thing I can do about it? :confused:

You're not the only one who's had problems with them. Years ago when I didn't know any better, I ordered a jersey and some other stuff from them. They sent it to the wrong address and never thought to inform me. I called them weeks later and asked where my package was and after talking to a series of "customer reps" they told me the package got sent back because it was the wrong address.

Nashbar has to be the sorriest mail order company out there. They sell a bunch of out dated **** and what little new products they have, they charge more than the local LBS.

You should try Performance Bike or Supergo. They are much better companies. Never had a problem with Performance. ;);)

I knew that, I was just being funny. I wanted to see how long it would take someone to say that. I am a little disipointed that is was so quick. :)

This is why I put the winking happy face on the first one.

artmichalek said:
They're all the same company.

basso97 said:
I knew that, I was just being funny. I wanted to see how long it would take someone to say that. I am a little disipointed that is was so quick. :)

This is why I put the winking happy face on the first one.
Well, even though they're the same company, they each have different policies for pricing, shipping, returns, etc, and carry slightly different product mixes. Believe me, if enough people stop using one of the 'Performance Family' retailers in favor of another family member, it'll get noticed.

thats funny that you bring them up, i just received a catalog from them today, how they got my address and everything else is beyond me. ive never heard of them until i opened my mailbox.

blazingpedals said:
Well, even though they're the same company, they each have different policies for pricing, shipping, returns, etc, and carry slightly different product mixes. Believe me, if enough people stop using one of the 'Performance Family' retailers in favor of another family member, it'll get noticed.

The only problems I've had have been with the Performance division. Twice I've had problems with delivery, although they were quick to make it right. No problems the times I've ordered from Nashbar (although I don't order very often from either).

mike

I used to run almost 6-8 orders a month for almost 2 years when I ran my shop. Nashbar is usually a good company unless they went sour in the last year or so. I have a lot of rapport with them so it never comes up. Performance is just as highly rated in my book, but the selection is a lot more in nash.

I've purchased a lot of parts from Nashbar (and Performance and Supergo too). I've made several returns as well. I haven't had a single problem with them.

I guess I have also been lucky, as I have ordered from Nashbar and Performance, and have never had a problem. I just ordered something from Pricepoint, so we will see how that goes. I would really press the issue with Nashbar, including any documentation you may have. I realize you shouldn't have to do this, but even with the best companies it does happen. Good luck.

One pet peeve that I have with Performance is order tracking.

The have this feature on the web site but they do not use it. My last order I paid extra for 2nd day delivery. I needed my tires for a fast club ride. I sent them a nasty note about how was it going to get to me the day it was suppose to when there site does not ever show it was shipped. They emailed me back with the shipping details and I received the package an hour later.

I just do not understand why have a feature on the site that leads to dissatisfaction, either use it or loose it.

basso97 said:
One pet peeve that I have with Performance is order tracking.

Yup, I've got the same problem with them. They say it updates in the evening but doesn't always. My first order took a couple days to show up and their email customer service can be slow. By the time they got back to me my package was only a couple hours away.

Oh, and I really wish it would go up sooner so I could see what item in my order wasn't actually in stock at the time :(

dootbran said:
Yup, I've got the same problem with them. They say it updates in the evening but doesn't always. My first order took a couple days to show up and their email customer service can be slow. By the time they got back to me my package was only a couple hours away.

Oh, and I really wish it would go up sooner so I could see what item in my order wasn't actually in stock at the time :(
The feature still does not work. Why have it?

I don't have to order anything from Performance because I have two of them close to me. My only beef is that the staff rotates so much, it's almost impossible to establish a working relationship with them. Also, their store policies vary wildly from manager to manager. The last manager would take anything back under the 100% guarantee. This new one refuses to acknowledge the guarantee at all.

cydewaze said:
I don't have to order anything from Performance because I have two of them close to me. My only beef is that the staff rotates so much, it's almost impossible to establish a working relationship with them. Also, their store policies vary wildly from manager to manager. The last manager would take anything back under the 100% guarantee. This new one refuses to acknowledge the guarantee at all.
If you go to the store check the internet first or take your flyer with you too. If the price is cheeper in either they will honor it if you bring proof.

I've had two unpleasent, but not money losing encounters with nashbar, so I will not be ordering from them again. After the first time, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, they screwed up again the second time.

My main problem with nashbar and performance is lack of turn around time from order to shipping. Go ahead and order second day... it'll still take a week to get to ya. I find Jenson, Pricepoint, and Supergo to be MUCH more efficent at shipping. I order from Jenson mostly. No problems as of yet. And if i order it, its out the next day... if not the SAME day. They rock!

I've never had a problem with Nashbar or Performance. Of course using a credit card helps keep retailers honest :rolleyes:

:mad: I just realized that they waited for seveal weeks to send me a refund check so they could use their "after 30 days: big restocking fee is charged" policy to screw me. :mad:

How many others are ripped off this way? we should file a class action lawsuit!! :confused:

Go ahead and order second day... it'll still take a week to get to ya.
I must live near the warehouse then....

I order all the time......2nd day, arrives on time.

No complaints here.
smile.gif