Bike Nashbar (winge..)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by justme, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. justme

    justme Guest

    Anybody in Oz had any satisfaction from these guys?

    I placed a fair sized web order (USD300 plus USD65 shipping) and
    provided credit card details which were immediately confirmed as
    correct at the eStore. Some days later they sent me an email asking me
    to provide a telephone number for the bank to confirm the billing
    address. Who knows why when this had already been done. They had
    contacted the bank who would not provide details over the phone
    (Privacy Act). I phoned the bank and they confirmed that they would not
    provide details over the phone, even with my instructions to do so,
    because they could not confirm the merchants identity. They would agree
    however to a fax from Nashbar on the merchants letterhead to their 24
    hr call centre, to which they would respond by fax confirming the
    details. Ringing Nashbar with these details yielded no joy however as
    their accounts department refused to fax any customer details, again
    ostensibly in the interests of customer security!!

    Catch 22!!

    I cancelled the order, ordered again direct from the manufacturer, and
    cut the credit card in two and returned it to the bank. What’s the good
    of a card if I can’t use it, when and where I want to??

    Sheesh!!!
    --
    -------

    justme, and my thoughts..........

    Tags:

  2. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    not bike related, but I know where you are coming from, I recently went to make an order with Harris Technology (software and hardware), gave them my credit card details, all fine, I then received an email saying they needed my company letter head faxed to them, because they could not confirm my company details, as my company did not appear in the white pages!!!!!??! WTF ?

    after 2 emails, I told them to stick their policy and I ended up placing my order with another company instead and I told them so, including what the cheaper price was.

    consumer choice, personal satisfaction.

  3. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "justme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anybody in Oz had any satisfaction from these guys?
    >
    > I placed a fair sized web order (USD300 plus USD65 shipping) and
    > provided credit card details which were immediately confirmed as
    > correct at the eStore. Some days later they sent me an email asking me
    > to provide a telephone number for the bank to confirm the billing
    > address. Who knows why when this had already been done. They had
    > contacted the bank who would not provide details over the phone
    > (Privacy Act). I phoned the bank and they confirmed that they would not
    > provide details over the phone, even with my instructions to do so,
    > because they could not confirm the merchants identity. They would agree
    > however to a fax from Nashbar on the merchants letterhead to their 24
    > hr call centre, to which they would respond by fax confirming the
    > details. Ringing Nashbar with these details yielded no joy however as
    > their accounts department refused to fax any customer details, again
    > ostensibly in the interests of customer security!!
    >
    > Catch 22!!
    >
    > I cancelled the order, ordered again direct from the manufacturer, and
    > cut the credit card in two and returned it to the bank. What's the good
    > of a card if I can't use it, when and where I want to??

    Had the same problem.........now don't even bother looking at their site
    although I did keep my credit card.

    Gags

  4. Andrew Blake

    Andrew Blake Guest

    I had similar issues with a similarly large order, apparently if you use
    AmEx you can get the order to go through. It's a pity as some of their
    specials are dirt cheap (like Crank Brother Candy SL's for US$50, or NOS
    leather saddles blown out for $5)

    I have had excellent service from Jim at Bens Cycles (bensbikes on ebay,
    www.benscycle.net, who can get you anything from the QBP catalogue.

    justme <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anybody in Oz had any satisfaction from these guys?

  5. roshea

    roshea Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2005
    Messages:
    2,308
    I have heard similar stories about Nashbar, Performance and some of the other big US companies. I had a great shopping experience with http://3ringcycles.com/ They price match companies like Nashbar, accept Paypal and don't gouge on shipping charges.

    I would also recommend http://www.probikekit.com/

  6. justme

    justme Guest

    On 2006-01-09 22:21:36 +1000, roshea
    <[email protected]> said:

    > I have heard similar stories about Nashbar, Performance and some of the
    > other big US companies. I had a great shopping experience with
    > http://3ringcycles.com/ They price match companies like Nashbar, accept
    > Paypal and don't gouge on shipping charges.
    >
    > I would also recommend http://www.probikekit.com/

    Now that’s good advice! Thanks!
    --
    -------