Bike New York, May 4

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Baltobernie, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Baltobernie

    Baltobernie Guest

    Have any of you received your bibs yet? I sent in my check March 2, and received it cancelled in my
    latest statement. I seem to remember getting my kit well before now in previous years.

    Bernie <not> a security risk

    Tags:

  2. Cori

    Cori Guest

    baltobernie wrote:
    > Have any of you received your bibs yet? I sent in my check March 2, and received it cancelled in
    > my latest statement. I seem to remember getting my kit well before now in previous years.
    >
    > Bernie <not> a security risk

    We got ours a week ago.

    Cori

  3. Jkpoulos7

    Jkpoulos7 Guest

    >> Have any of you received your bibs yet? I sent in my check March 2, and received it cancelled in
    >> my latest statement. I seem to remember getting
    >my
    >> kit well before now in previou

    Ride without it. Why pay for inadequate sanitary facilities and rest stops that have been emptied by
    those before you. Plus the amount of walking your bike vs. riding.

  4. Baltobernie

    Baltobernie Guest

    Jkpoulos7 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >> Have any of you received your bibs yet? I sent in my check March 2,
    and
    > >> received it cancelled in my latest statement. I seem to remember
    getting
    > >my
    > >> kit well before now in previou
    >
    > Ride without it. Why pay for inadequate sanitary facilities and rest
    stops
    > that have been emptied by those before you. Plus the amount of walking
    your
    > bike vs. riding.

    Without the bib, you cannot access the Verrazano Bridge. You can certainly reverse your course and
    get back to Manhattan using any number of avenues, but you're on your own.

    Bernie

  5. Baltobernie

    Baltobernie Guest

    Cori <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > baltobernie wrote:
    > > Have any of you received your bibs yet? I sent in my check March 2, and received it cancelled in
    > > my latest statement. I seem to remember
    getting my
    > > kit well before now in previous years.
    > >
    > > Bernie <not> a security risk
    > >

    > We got ours a week ago.
    >
    > Cori

    Thanks - apparently it was mailed, according to the hotline. The nice lady is sending me a
    replacement.

    Here's hoping for good weather!

    Cori, be sure and stop at the Delirious Brothers Racing Team HQ. located at the first sidestreet (on
    the left) beyond Ft. Wadsworth.

    Bernie

  6. Cori

    Cori Guest

    > Thanks - apparently it was mailed, according to the hotline. The nice lady is sending me a
    > replacement.
    >
    > Here's hoping for good weather!
    >
    > Cori, be sure and stop at the Delirious Brothers Racing Team HQ. located at the first sidestreet
    > (on the left) beyond Ft. Wadsworth.
    >
    > Bernie

    Will do. I'm really looking forward to this.

    Cori

  7. baltobernie wrote:

    > Without the bib, you cannot access the Verrazano Bridge. You can certainly reverse your course and
    > get back to Manhattan using any number of avenues, but you're on your own.
    >
    > Bernie

    Last year, they also bounced people out of the tour at other places along the route. I remember a
    whole pack of 20 or so getting tossed by the NYPD. I seem to remember one place was at another
    bridge, quite early in the route.

    Barry