bike opinion please?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by oldtrek1000, Sep 2, 2003.

1. oldtrek1000

oldtrek1000 New Member

I have been riding a trek 1000 for about 12 years. I know that is a long time but it has been a good bike. I have never raced but have been considering it. I mainly use it for cardio. I am a bodybuilder and weigh btwn 225 and 245 depending on the time of the year. At 6'0 it's quite a load for a bike and for me going up hills! I am looking at upgrading to a new bike for under $1000. I am looking at the 2004 Motobecane Grand Sprint but it is modified with Triple Chainring Shimano Ultegra/105 to give gears easier for hills. What do you think?

Any opinions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks so much.

Tags:

2. ~LongRider~

~LongRider~ New Member

If you have liked your Trek, you might look at the new Trek 1500. They retail right at $1000.00. You'd probably want to upgrade the crank and front derailler to 105 or Ultegra. The rest comes stock 105. If you upgrade it, you'd be looking at 1150-1200 dollars. It uses the same alpha aluminum frame as the current Trek 1000.

3. trekchic

trekchic New Member

I just bought the TREK 1500 for 2004! You'd love it! I am a new cyclist, so my opinion may not matter, but I rode a few bikes before chosing this one. It is smooooooth! And for the money, you get a lot of bike! It is painted exactly like the USPS team's from this years Tour de France.......it is sooooo cool!

They are back ordered, so get your bike shop owner to order as a "pre-sold". You'll get it faster. I know I had to wait 3 weeks for mine to come in.

Just fyi!

Kim in TN