bike opinion

C'est non-special!
big-smile.png

A LBS with a nice brand would probably have some nicer options.
wink.png

Originally Posted by tkalog
Do you have any suggestions?

For MTBs, hmmm, no, not really.
big-smile.png

For cyclocross bikes, (road bikes that can tackle a bit gravel), Ridley (Belgium?) seems to make some interesting models.

The Specialized Tricross is also interesting.

I know it's not one of the best but i think it's worth it.

C'est un Chinois paysan velo!
big-smile.png

Et Adelle est un Gros Put!!!
big-smile.png

I don't like frames that are already bent at an odd angle like that one, if you crash relatively hard on the front end the upward angle of that curve is where the frame will bend fast because the bend is already there so forces will take the path of least resistance.

Originally Posted by Froze
I don't like frames that are already bent at an odd angle like that one, if you crash relatively hard on the front end the upward angle of that curve is where the frame will bend fast because the bend is already there so forces will take the path of least resistance.
You're kidding, right?

Hello,
i am interested in buying this bike: http://www.nakamura.fr/F-1001-velo/P-10 ... -fit-homme

Do you have any ideas if its worth buying or do you have any personal experience with this bike?
FWIW. The particular bike is best suited for PAVEMENT ...

• at 16.6 kg (35.5 lbs), it is very heavy even when compared with most inexpensive bikes which you would find at an LBS ... the steel frame is probably 1.3kg heavier than an aluminum frame would be
[*]the Suspension Fork is marginal & probably heavy
[*]the components are marginal

What type of riding are you planning AND how far do you generally plan to ride between points A-and-B?

Originally Posted by oldbobcat

You're kidding, right?
Actually I'm not kidding, a bike with a bend in the frame from the factory will more than likely bend at the bend in an accident, it's a proven fact even admitted by bike manufactures if asked. In this case the bend is in the front, if a there is a front end accident with something, say a curb, that is the first place it will continue to bend because the bend is already there ready to bend further.

LOL huh? this is why they build cars with strategically placed bends so the car will fold up in a specific manner to protect the occupant, think about it more.

OK. I suppose it could. But my money says the fork or head tube would fail first.

This is a 200 eu trail bike that isn't going to be used for diving off cliffs.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat
OK. I suppose it could. But my money says the fork or head tube would fail first.

This is a 200 eu trail bike that isn't going to be used for diving off cliffs.
Actually due to the bend in the frame it's unlikely, though not impossible, that the fork would fail first. The head tube is likely to fail due to the bend on the main tube allowing the head tube to be pushed back, so yes you are correct about the headtube, but the headtube is considered to be the frame. Which would fail first the headtube or the downtube? It doesn't matter since both parts make up the frame and thus regardless the frame is toast. If the frame was made correctly then the fork would likely fail first, then it's a good possibility that you could replace the fork and still ride the bike because the frame would not be toast. This is something that hasn't fallen on deaf ears in the motorcycle world, BMW was the first to design a motorcycle with a fork that was designed to fail allowing two things to happen, one was to attempt to lessen or prevent damage to the frame, and two was to increase the chance of launching the rider up and over a car instead of into the car and lessening injuries. If a bicycle fork is not over built the fork would bend back, or in the case of carbon break faster to taking some, if not all the stress off the frame. Obviously if the crash is severe everything, the fork and frame would be toast.