Bike or jog... can't decide today? Try this

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:17:48 -0500, "Dave Reckoning"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"still just me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

>OK, that's just weird.
>
>Why?
>
>Dave
>
>Noblesville Indiana.

Dear Dave,

Weird, yes, but that treadmill bicycle may also be a new idea.

Usually there's a century-old example of the latest bicycle
technology, but that thing shakes my faith.

The closest old bike that I can think of is an upright 1923 no-seat
treadle-drive intended to mimic running, but it's not a belt-style
treadmill:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/pics/crazyguyonabike/docs/00/00/18/89/small/DSCN3560.JPG?v=FH

Details near the bottom:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=40622&v=9C

Again, this may be a brand-new bicycle-drive:
http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

I feel like Dr. Frankenstein staring at a bolt in a hardware store and
realizing that no one had ever used one for neck-ware:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1265/5577_0046.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0021884&seq=12

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:02:18 GMT, still just me
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

> I see that thing go past my door several times every summer. Bicycle
> forest is just around the corner from me in Waterloo.

The Treadmill Bike (among others) can be rented:
<http://www.bikeforest.com/treadmill_rental.php>.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:17:48 -0500, "Dave Reckoning"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"still just me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

>>OK, that's just weird.
>>
>>Why?
>>
>>Dave
>>
>>Noblesville Indiana.

> Dear Dave,
>
> Weird, yes, but that treadmill bicycle may also be a new idea.
>
> Usually there's a century-old example of the latest bicycle
> technology, but that thing shakes my faith.
>
> The closest old bike that I can think of is an upright 1923 no-seat
> treadle-drive intended to mimic running, but it's not a belt-style
> treadmill:
>
> http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/pics/crazyguyonabike/docs/00/00/18/89/small/DSCN3560.JPG?v=FH
>
> Details near the bottom:
> http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=40622&v=9C
>
> Again, this may be a brand-new bicycle-drive:
> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg
>
> I feel like Dr. Frankenstein staring at a bolt in a hardware store and
> realizing that no one had ever used one for neck-ware:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1265/5577_0046.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0021884&seq=12
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

What would really impress me would be a set of rollers connected to
mechanical legs so that I could ride my bike on it and it would then run:)

Dave

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:16:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:02:18 GMT, still just me
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

>> I see that thing go past my door several times every summer. Bicycle
>> forest is just around the corner from me in Waterloo.
>>

>The Treadmill Bike (among others) can be rented:
><http://www.bikeforest.com/treadmill_rental.php>.

You gotta see THIS one cruising down the street:
http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

Or mine:
http://www.snyder.on.ca/pages/cycles.htm

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:16:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

>>> I see that thing go past my door several times every summer. Bicycle
>>> forest is just around the corner from me in Waterloo.
>>>

>> The Treadmill Bike (among others) can be rented:
>> <http://www.bikeforest.com/treadmill_rental.php>.

> You gotta see THIS one cruising down the street:
> http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

Does Natasha (the driver in the video) come included in the rental? ;)

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

On Jan 27, 8:49 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:16:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> The Treadmill Bike (among others) can be rented:
> >> <http://www.bikeforest.com/treadmill_rental.php>.

> > You gotta see THIS one cruising down the street:
> >http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

> Does Natasha (the driver in the video) come included in the rental? ;)
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
> - A. Derleth

Here would be another way to go...

http://www.sculltrek.sk/

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:01:26 -0800 (PST), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 8:49 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

>> > You gotta see THIS one cruising down the street:
>> >http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

>> Does Natasha (the driver in the video) come included in the rental? ;)
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
>> - A. Derleth

>Here would be another way to go...
>
>http://www.sculltrek.sk/

Dear DB,

Whew! Now we're back to familiar drive trains from the 1890s:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=TRJ2AAAAEBAJ&pg=PP1&dq=642544

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:02:18 GMT, still just me
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

> I see that thing go past my door several times every summer. Bicycle
> forest is just around the corner from me in Waterloo.

I don't know about the treadmill bike, but the couch bike is da bomb:
http://www.bikeforest.com/cb/index.php

[email protected] aka DB Walker wrote:

> Here would be another way to go...
>
> http://www.sculltrek.sk/

This is probably the most established and successful builder of rowing
bicycles: <http://www.rowingbike.com/main.php>.

Cute seat cover not included. :(

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ® wrote:
> "still just me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> http://www.bikeforest.com/tread/treadmillbike.jpg

> Sorry, but that is just about the stupidest redundant "invention" I've seen,
> about as bad as the sideways bike.

I think you missed the point. The treadmill bicycle is not supposed to
be better than other bicycles - it is fun because it is weird and silly.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jan 27, 8:49 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

>> > You gotta see THIS one cruising down the street:
>> >http://www.bikeforest.com/rhoades_car.php

>> Does Natasha (the driver in the video) come included in the rental? ;)
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
>> "And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
>> - A. Derleth

>Here would be another way to go...
>
>http://www.sculltrek.sk/

Very similar to BikeForest's "rowbike"