Bike Parking near Waterloo Stn

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chris, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    store my bike, near Waterloo Station.

    I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    something more secure.

    Many thanks.

    Chris.

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    > store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
    >
    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.

    Doesn't Waterloo have a left luggage facility? I think its about halfway along on the platform side.

    John B

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    > store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
    >
    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.

    There's a place in Covent Garden -- followed by a nice walk across the bridge.

    Is that too far?

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    > store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
    >
    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.

    There are proper bike stands outside the station, scores of bikes are left there during the day, but
    I don't know how secure they really are or what the overnight situation is.

    If your bike is with lots of others, then the chances of anything happen to yours are reduced
    (unless it's a posh one)!

    ~PB

  5. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Or treat yourself to a Brompton!!

    > I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    > store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
    >
    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Chris.

  6. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Tony W <[email protected]> wrote: I
    know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    something more secure.

    Throw a brick through a shop window - with a bit of luck the plod will lock your bike up beside you.

    With an even bigger bit of luck you will be let out next morning if you promise to be good.

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

  7. [email protected] (Chris) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
    > store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
    >
    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > Chris.

    Take a look at:

    http://www.bike-n-rack.mcmail.com/

    Secure bike storage on Waterloo station. You can store your own or hire. It's not free though. 3
    months storage of your own bike is £96. Still you save that on buying the tube tickets ;-)

    I've not used them myself, though, so this isn't a reccomendation. I just knew they were there.

    - Richard

  8. In news:[email protected], Chris <[email protected]> typed:

    > I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
    > something more secure.

    Crackheads and smackheads... swarming like flies round Waterloo underground... Along comes a rude
    boy firing a pistol He laughs as they hit the ground...

    But I dont give a sh*t.... As long as my bike's safe... Waterloo Sunset I am in paradise......

    Alex (born and grew up in Saarf Lahndan...)