rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Bike paths in Ottawa?

Started by NY Rides · · Last activity · 3 posts · 399 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
6 August 2005
Last activity
6 August 2005
Original author
NY Rides
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
399
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My wife and I are heading up to Toronto sometime before the end of the
    summer to cycle the Lake Shore path. We'd like to take a day and drive to
    Ottawa to do the same kind of riding.

    Any suggestions for 15-20 miles of bike path riding in that city? My wife
    is not comfortable on roads.

    Thanks!

  2. I'd like to be somewhere near Sparks Mall (all the outdoor cafes) at some
    point. What section is that in??

    "Élaine" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bonjour Tom!

    This is what I found - just click on the map for Downtown or Ottawa West,
    etc....
    http://apps101.ottawa.ca/travelwise/map/english/cycling_map_e.asp

    but it's in french! Na! I gave you the the english part ;o)

    Have a nice trip,

    Élaine
    Montréal, Québec
    __o __o __o __o __o
    _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_
    (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_)
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    "NY Rides" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My wife and I are heading up to Toronto sometime before the end of the
    summer to cycle the Lake Shore path. We'd like to take a day and drive
    to Ottawa to do the same kind of riding.

    Any suggestions for 15-20 miles of bike path riding in that city? My
    wife is not comfortable on roads.

    Thanks!

  3. This is the page
    http://apps101.ottawa.ca/travelwise/map/francais/cycling_map_f.asp?mag=5&baserow=3&basecol=18
    go at right and down, you will see "MacKenzie King", "Laurier", well, go
    left, you can see "Sparks" street, this is what you want. Ottawa is a nice
    town to visit during the summer because you have a market and around many
    good "café" and stores.
    Do you know what? there's a camping in this town, a federal one for a cheap
    price and clean.
    I found that http://www.hedney.com/o-m1.htm
    and accomodations http://www.bedsandbreakfasts.ca/ottawa.htm

    I really hope that you understand my bad english ;o)

    Élaine

    "NY Rides" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'd like to be somewhere near Sparks Mall (all the outdoor cafes) at some
    point. What section is that in??

    "Élaine" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Bonjour Tom!

    This is what I found - just click on the map for Downtown or Ottawa West,
    etc....
    http://apps101.ottawa.ca/travelwise/map/english/cycling_map_e.asp

    but it's in french! Na! I gave you the the english part ;o)

    Have a nice trip,

    Élaine
    Montréal, Québec
    __o __o __o __o __o
    _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_ _`\<,_
    (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_) (_)/ (_)
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    "NY Rides" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My wife and I are heading up to Toronto sometime before the end of the
    summer to cycle the Lake Shore path. We'd like to take a day and drive
    to Ottawa to do the same kind of riding.

    Any suggestions for 15-20 miles of bike path riding in that city? My
    wife is not comfortable on roads.

    Thanks!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.