Bike Penalty a Clanger: Mayor

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Aushiker, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cyclingforums.com/content/type/61/id/297852/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    Source: The West. An now Tydeman Road, North Fremantle is being an issue again .... I guess a bell will come to the rescue. The Western Australian Police response (Facebook). My experiences with the Western Australian police in Fremantle around the time of their last blitz on cyclists in the area. Andrew

Tags:

2. Aushiker

Aushiker New Member

I have had a little fun with the Western Australian Police tonight. It was pointed out to me that the photo used by the Western Australia Police in their Facebook post telling cyclists off is of four WA Police officers riding bikes two abreast on a shared use path. Well someone forgot to tell the WA Police that riding two abreast on shared path is an offence in Western Australia (unless actually passing another cyclist). Regulation 130 of the WA Road Traffic Code applies. Now I am sure the WA Police will or can argue they where "passing" however it on the face of it, is not a good look. One would hope that they take appropriate care getting a positive correct message out by using photos showing their Officers obeying the law in a manner which cannot be questioned. [​IMG] Also it seems that now Fremantle Police will be giving out lights and bells (supplied by the City of Fremantle) to cyclists caught without same. This will be along with a warning instead of a fine. Andrew