Bike-powered battery chargers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian Walker, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Ian Walker

    Ian Walker Guest

    Hi all,

    Sometime over the last few weeks, I came across a reference to a new
    range of bike (dynamo?) powered chargers for mobile phones etc. As far
    as I can recall, it was a device which accepted cigar-lighter plugs,
    allowing you to power things you might run in a car such as mobile phone
    chargers/GPS etc whilst riding.

    I'm pretty sure I saw this in one of the CTC's weekly newsletters, but
    I've just looked back through my email and can't see it anywhere. Does
    anybody have the information on what this is and where I can find it?

    Ian
    --
    My email address is invalid to prevent spam.
    Real contact details are on my website at http://www.drianwalker.com

    Tags:

  2. Simon Proven

    Simon Proven Guest

    Ian Walker wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Sometime over the last few weeks, I came across a reference to a new
    > range of bike (dynamo?) powered chargers for mobile phones etc. As far
    > as I can recall, it was a device which accepted cigar-lighter plugs,
    > allowing you to power things you might run in a car such as mobile phone
    > chargers/GPS etc whilst riding.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure I saw this in one of the CTC's weekly newsletters, but
    > I've just looked back through my email and can't see it anywhere. Does
    > anybody have the information on what this is and where I can find it?
    >
    > Ian

    Pedal & power by IKON Global. I have one, but it's not in use ATM
    as I'm fiddling with the wiring on the bike. It works but I don't
    have long-term results to go on yet.

    Simon