bike price

shming123

May 1, 2004
Hi, I want to sell my bike and was just wondering about what you guys think I could get for it. I'm located in Fort collins, CO. It’s a 2004 Trek 5000, carbon OCLV120, Ultegra 9 spd, ultegra pedals, Bontrager RaceXLite wheels, Selle Italia Gel Flow saddle, Deda BlackStick carbon seatpost with CNC machined head, Chris King headset, and the coolest thing of all?---BLUE HANDLEBAR TAPE!!!! Also included is a Cateye cordless computer. Great condition.

I would look on Ebay and see if anyone is selling a similar bike to yours, you could just post it on Ebay with a high reserve and see what people will offer for it and see if you're willing to sell it for the highest price.

shming123 said:
Hi, I want to sell my bike and was just wondering about what you guys think I could get for it. I'm located in Fort collins, CO. It’s a 2004 Trek 5000, carbon OCLV120, Ultegra 9 spd, ultegra pedals, Bontrager RaceXLite wheels, Selle Italia Gel Flow saddle, Deda BlackStick carbon seatpost with CNC machined head, Chris King headset, and the coolest thing of all?---BLUE HANDLEBAR TAPE!!!! Also included is a Cateye cordless computer. Great condition.
Whatever someone will give you for it.

OoAmericanGirl said:
I would look on Ebay and see if anyone is selling a similar bike to yours, you could just post it on Ebay with a high reserve and see what people will offer for it and see if you're willing to sell it for the highest price.

Posting with a high reserve usually doesn't generate too much bidding activity so it may not be a fair test of the market. Seems that bidders like to act on the low/no reserve auctions even though those items often end up going for more than the high reserve items becuase they get more bidders vying for the item.

Scanning recently completed sales is a better way to assess eBay market value.