bike question..

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by That Funky Monk, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. ok, so i just tore my acl and am having surgery sometime next week.. he said rehab using a
    stationery bike... well since i am not the type of person to stay indoors i thought i would get a
    mountain bike to use instead... now i am 6'5" or 6'"6.. i am no expert at bikes what size should i
    get and any reccommendations for type or anything? thanks any help would be great. -freeman (hope to
    use tax refund to buy a bike)

    Tags:

  2. THAT FUNKY MONKEY wrote:
    > ok, so i just tore my acl and am having surgery sometime next week.. he said rehab using a
    > stationery bike... well since i am not the type of person to stay indoors i thought i would get a
    > mountain bike to use instead... now i am 6'5" or 6'"6.. i am no expert at bikes what size should i
    > get and any reccommendations for type or anything? thanks any help would be great. -freeman (hope
    > to use tax refund to buy a bike)

    Dude, stick with the stationary. You don't want to be putting lateral or twisting forces on that
    knee, and anything other than a stationary bike will be putting loads on it. Not to mention massive
    torque from hill climbing.

    do exactly what the doc/physical terrorist says. Your knee is not something you want fscked up
    permanently. I'd do the stationary bike as long as the doc tells you to (you'll probably find you
    won't have a full range of motion for a while anyway), and then, once the Doc OK's it, get a
    mountain bike.

    Jon Bond