bike question..

That Funky Monk

Guest
ok, so i just tore my acl and am having surgery sometime next week.. he said rehab using a
stationery bike... well since i am not the type of person to stay indoors i thought i would get a
mountain bike to use instead... now i am 6'5" or 6'"6.. i am no expert at bikes what size should i
get and any reccommendations for type or anything? thanks any help would be great. -freeman (hope to
use tax refund to buy a bike)

THAT FUNKY MONKEY wrote:
> ok, so i just tore my acl and am having surgery sometime next week.. he said rehab using a
> stationery bike... well since i am not the type of person to stay indoors i thought i would get a
> mountain bike to use instead... now i am 6'5" or 6'"6.. i am no expert at bikes what size should i
> get and any reccommendations for type or anything? thanks any help would be great. -freeman (hope
> to use tax refund to buy a bike)

Dude, stick with the stationary. You don't want to be putting lateral or twisting forces on that
knee, and anything other than a stationary bike will be putting loads on it. Not to mention massive
torque from hill climbing.

do exactly what the doc/physical terrorist says. Your knee is not something you want fscked up
permanently. I'd do the stationary bike as long as the doc tells you to (you'll probably find you
won't have a full range of motion for a while anyway), and then, once the Doc OK's it, get a
mountain bike.

Jon Bond