Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Bike Racing is a Joke

Started by rocko · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,338 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
31 July 2006
Last activity
31 July 2006
Original author
rocko
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,338
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Our sport is a bl**dy joke. Instead of discussing who is the best sprinter, which Col the toughest to climb we are rolling around theories about what might cause an irregular testosterone level in a rider's urine test. Take a quick look through these forums and laugh if you can resist crying. We are pseudo experts on the carbon isotope test, most of us know more about blood doping than we do about the average gradients of the Alpine climbs. I know other sports have their problems and that ours is probably in the media more because we have the most rigorous testing but that doesn't mean we have to accept a bunch of cheats as heroes.

    EPO took our sport to the brink, instead of standing up and shouting about it riders either left the sport or joined in. Now the pros have growth hormone, micro-dosing and blood doping to be going and a whole host of techniques for dodging the controls. When one rider is caught do the others stand up and complain that they were cheated? No, they keep schtum and hope they aren't next to fall foul. I refuse to be treated like an idiot and while I might continue to watch cycle sport on TV I refuse to cheer. There are no heroes on the podium of the Grand Tours.

  2. rocko said:

    Our sport is a bl**dy joke. Instead of discussing who is the best sprinter, which Col the toughest to climb we are rolling around theories about what might cause an irregular testosterone level in a rider's urine test. Take a quick look through these forums and laugh if you can resist crying. We are pseudo experts on the carbon isotope test, most of us know more about blood doping than we do about the average gradients of the Alpine climbs. I know other sports have their problems and that ours is probably in the media more because we have the most rigorous testing but that doesn't mean we have to accept a bunch of cheats as heroes.

    EPO took our sport to the brink, instead of standing up and shouting about it riders either left the sport or joined in. Now the pros have growth hormone, micro-dosing and blood doping to be going and a whole host of techniques for dodging the controls. When one rider is caught do the others stand up and complain that they were cheated? No, they keep schtum and hope they aren't next to fall foul. I refuse to be treated like an idiot and while I might continue to watch cycle sport on TV I refuse to cheer. There are no heroes on the podium of the Grand Tours.

    Single Tear! I guess the only thing to do is cheer for the french! I can't believe I said that.

  3. Skewter said:

    Single Tear! I guess the only thing to do is cheer for the french! I can't believe I said that.

    I used to cheer for the French, Fignon was my childhood cycling hero. As long as they give us someone more inspiring than Voeckler or Chavanel to cheer for!

  4. But what sport would you turn to? What sport is clean?

  5. JensCph said:

    But what sport would you turn to? What sport is clean?

    I wouldn't turn to any, I will just continue to ride my bike but not spare a thought for the idiots in the Pro Tour.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.