Bike Racing is a Joke

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by rocko, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rocko

rocko New Member

Our sport is a bl**dy joke. Instead of discussing who is the best sprinter, which Col the toughest to climb we are rolling around theories about what might cause an irregular testosterone level in a rider's urine test. Take a quick look through these forums and laugh if you can resist crying. We are pseudo experts on the carbon isotope test, most of us know more about blood doping than we do about the average gradients of the Alpine climbs. I know other sports have their problems and that ours is probably in the media more because we have the most rigorous testing but that doesn't mean we have to accept a bunch of cheats as heroes.

EPO took our sport to the brink, instead of standing up and shouting about it riders either left the sport or joined in. Now the pros have growth hormone, micro-dosing and blood doping to be going and a whole host of techniques for dodging the controls. When one rider is caught do the others stand up and complain that they were cheated? No, they keep schtum and hope they aren't next to fall foul. I refuse to be treated like an idiot and while I might continue to watch cycle sport on TV I refuse to cheer. There are no heroes on the podium of the Grand Tours.

Tags:

2. Skewter

Skewter New Member

Single Tear! I guess the only thing to do is cheer for the french! I can't believe I said that.

3. rocko

rocko New Member

I used to cheer for the French, Fignon was my childhood cycling hero. As long as they give us someone more inspiring than Voeckler or Chavanel to cheer for!

4. JensCph

JensCph New Member

But what sport would you turn to? What sport is clean?

5. rocko

rocko New Member

I wouldn't turn to any, I will just continue to ride my bike but not spare a thought for the idiots in the Pro Tour.