Bike rack for 350Z

8ab4

Sep 10, 2007
Can anyone point me to a bike rack that fits on the 350Z? I've done a fair amount of research and have found no racks that fit on that car. I bought the car before I got into cycling, and love her to death, but my bike and her don't get along.

Your help is much appreciated!

How big is your bike? I can fit my M or S size Giant road bike in there simply by taking the wheels off on the S and by tilting the bars a bit on the M (I no longer ride the M). On race day I have my bike, two sets of wheels, my huge gear bag, sometimes a cooler with 1-2 gallons of various water/gatorade type stuff, and my now wife in the passenger seat. Makes getting there half the fun.

I brought my bike to the dealership and said "If it doesn't fit I'm not buying it". It fit so I bought it.

For the price of that rack, you could almost buy a second hatch with glass, drill it out and mount what you need directly into the sheetmetal and metal structure under the skin. I've been contemplating doing that - then I could carry two bikes, 4 sets wheels, and still have the trunk empty.

cdr

Thanks for the help! The BIRD automotive seems like a good solution, although it's a bit pricey. I've put my bike in my car a couple of times, and the drive is pretty sketchy. It doesn't quite fit, so I have to hang on to prevent it from sliding into me :)

Lol. I just read that you have your wife in there as well as your bike. That's awesome... I can barely fit my bike.

8ab4 said:
Lol. I just read that you have your wife in there as well as your bike. That's awesome... I can barely fit my bike.
I have a picture somewhere of this setup taken from outside the open hatch but I can't find it right now though. Her seat wasn't even crowded - no gear bag in the footwell or wheels in her lap - couldn't have that while I was courting her :) I do put three wheels on the strut brace (one is under it, as well as the bike), my gear bag sits behind my head, cooler below the bag (in the "trunk" area), helmet + floor pump + misc stuff in the very back. Behind the seats I have a fire extinguisher, cds, and some misc stuff.

cdr