Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

bike rack for disc brake frame

Started by nash · · Last activity · 3 posts · 397 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
31 October 2006
Last activity
31 October 2006
Original author
nash
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
397
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone know what brand I should be looking at.
    The bike shop I bought the bike from has had no luck with his supplier.
    specifically it is a GT Avalanche 2.0 Large frame

    thank-Q
    Shirley

  2. nash said:

    Anyone know what brand I should be looking at.
    The bike shop I bought the bike from has had no luck with his supplier.
    specifically it is a GT Avalanche 2.0 Large frame

    thank-Q
    Shirley

    Axiom makes OK racks for disk braked bikes. By OK, I mean just that.
    Not even good or nice or really satisfying. About $30 from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Axiom-Journey-Disc-Rear-Black/dp/B000C15KA2

    The extra couple bits on it needed to make it a disk rack make it quite
    wobbly with anything short of a few pounds. Want to just have one
    pannier with fifteen pounds? Forget it, such a load will likely bend
    the rack so that it interferes with your brakes.

    Want to carry real loads on a disk brake bike? Sell it and buy a bike
    with rim brakes and mount a normal rack. That's sort of my conclusion
    after owning a fendered 700c hybrid with disks. The brakes made me rue
    time spent on it. Rotors warping, going out of alignment, rubbing,
    making wierd sounds, making doing normal stuff like mounting fenders
    and racks impossible, all while stopping no better than well adjusted
    dual pivot brakes.

    /kvetch

  3. nash said:

    Anyone know what brand I should be looking at.
    The bike shop I bought the bike from has had no luck with his supplier.
    specifically it is a GT Avalanche 2.0 Large frame

    thank-Q
    Shirley

    Old Man Mountain?

    --
    ---
    Marten -satisfied customer😉 - Gerritsen

    INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
    www.m-gineering.nl

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.