Bike rack for pickup trucks?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fenderaxe, May 8, 2003.

  1. Fenderaxe

    Fenderaxe Guest

    Hi there --

    Does anyone know of a good bike rack that holds at least two bikes securely in the bed of a
    pickup truck?

    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!

    FA

    Tags:

  2. Jeb

    Jeb Guest

    On Fri, 09 May 2003 01:21:32 GMT, FenderAxe <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi there --
    >
    >Does anyone know of a good bike rack that holds at least two bikes securely in the bed of a
    >pickup truck?
    >
    >Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!

    Please post any info you get. I've been wondering about something that hangs over the front bed rail
    and has some sort of slot setup to hold the front tire reasonably secure ... then rope and bungie
    from there.

  3. R.White

    R.White Guest

    JeB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 09 May 2003 01:21:32 GMT, FenderAxe <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi there --
    > >
    > >Does anyone know of a good bike rack that holds at least two bikes securely in the bed of a
    > >pickup truck?
    > >
    > >Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!
    > >
    > Please post any info you get. I've been wondering about something that hangs over the front bed
    > rail and has some sort of slot setup to hold the front tire reasonably secure ... then rope and
    > bungie from there.

    If you're not *too* worried about looks, a pallet standing on it's side will give you a decent bike
    rack. Just secure it to the front of the bed and insert the bicycle tire in one of the slots or you
    can build a similar design from your own wood. You can even lay the pallet down in the bed and set
    your wheel in it.

  4. Nb

    Nb Guest

    http://www.nashbar.com/results.cfm?category=71&subcategory=1178&storetype=&e storeid=&init=y