Bike Rack

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by 98gtw, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. 98gtw

    98gtw Guest

    I'd like to build a freestanding rack of some kind to hold the bikes upright in the garage. Need to
    have space for 2 SWBs, the Screamer tandem, and a BikeE. Ideas and photos appreciated, plans would
    be great. Thanks,

    --
    Dave 98GTW [email protected] (remove nospam to reply directly) Presto, Presto II, Screamer

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    98GTW wrote:

    > I'd like to build a freestanding rack of some kind to hold the bikes upright in the garage. Need
    > to have space for 2 SWBs, the Screamer tandem, and a BikeE. Ideas and photos appreciated, plans
    > would be great. Thanks,

    Hang LWB and CLWB/MWB bikes by their front wheels and SWB bikes by their rear wheels against a wall.

  3. "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Hang LWB and CLWB/MWB bikes by their front wheels and SWB bikes by their rear wheels
    > against a wall.

    I hang the family's SWB's by the pedals in the shack (over some wooden strut(?)) "Que?" "He's from
    Barcelona".

    Works fine, and no "parking-wheel-flop" problems. Rather easy to do, i get a nice grip by the seat
    and "stem". Also lets the water out of the open-tube-frame Evita's (watch your feets!) ;-)

    Torben