bike racks installed at White House

Fritz M wrote:
> As part of the Federal Government's new push to conserve energy,
> bicycle racks are being installed at the White House and staff are
> being encouraged to bike to work.
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1809776,00.html
>
> RFM
> http://www.cyclelicio.us/

It doesn't conserve much energy if you need a 20-vehicle motorcade of
SUVs to accompany you on your little bike ride!

It'd be nice if they went a little past installing bike racks and
actually helped fund the completion of the Metropolitan Branch Trail!

"lowkey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Why do I have this image of **** Cheney doing a 'Cool Hand Luke' and
> methodically destroying the bikes and rack as an affront to big oil.

"Shakin' it over here, Boss!"

Fritz M wrote:
> As part of the Federal Government's new push to conserve energy,
> bicycle racks are being installed at the White House and staff are
> being encouraged to bike to work.
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1809776,00.html
>
> RFM
> http://www.cyclelicio.us/

Good idea but a few federal employees will not be followed by the
general public. I just followed my wife taking my daughters car to the
dealer for service and found everybody, SUVs included driving lead
footed. This was my first time behind the wheel in over 6 months and I
could not believe the drivers blowing gas in those over blown status
(stupid status) symbols.
That had me thinking the average driving American has a bad case of the
stupids. Take the lane with a bicycle in front of these people? Not!
Bill Baka

Bill wrote:

> That had me thinking the average driving American has a bad case of the
> stupids.

My guess is that it's more habit than anything else. If you drove that
way for 20 years or more it's very difficult to change.

RFM