bike racks

bluemeanie

Jul 4, 2005
Hi, I'm looking for a 4 bike tow bar carrier for my car, the main ones seem to be from Trule, Trackekar and Pendal - does any one have any opinions on these or other ideas? I have given up on the type that hang on the back because of the diffeculty fitting the bikes on - I'm 5'2'' and have a Galaxy and for the same reason have never considered a roof mounting rack.
thanks

bluemeanie said:
Hi, I'm looking for a 4 bike tow bar carrier for my car, the main ones seem to be from Trule, Trackekar and Pendal - does any one have any opinions on these or other ideas? I have given up on the type that hang on the back because of the diffeculty fitting the bikes on - I'm 5'2'' and have a Galaxy and for the same reason have never considered a roof mounting rack.
thanks

Hi there ...

I have tried all different types of bike rack - roof bars / off the back of the car and finally tow bar mounted.

I purchased a 3 bike Thule for c £100 and it has been fantastic - secure / solid and so easy to get bikes on and off with no excitement with bike racks on the roof slipping .....

Cannot comment on a 4 bike system but 3 is great/.

Jon