Bike rental - Seattle

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. B

    B Guest

    Can anyone suggest a bike shop in Seattle to rent?

    (remove clothes to reply)

    Tags:

  2. "B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone suggest a bike shop in Seattle to rent?

    http://www.cascade.org/Community/rental.cfm gives a list of rental places.
    If you need a place near either where you are staying or where you want to
    ride, email me privately and I can help you figure out which place would be
    best.

    You may also find this helpful:
    http://www.cascade.org/Community/seattleinfo.cfm

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    Home of the meditative cyclist:

  3. Paul Turner

    Paul Turner Guest

    B wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a bike shop in Seattle to rent?

    If you're looking for a place to rent a bike because you plan on visiting
    and will be staying at a hotel while you're there, you might try the
    Watertown near the University of Washington if it's convenient. I stayed
    there last time I visited by pure dumb luck, and was pleased to find that
    the hotel has free loaner bikes.
    --
    Paul Turner

  4. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    [email protected]lothes (B) wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a bike shop in Seattle to rent?

    I rented from Montlake Bicycles when I first visited Seattle. They
    had a broad selection of bike sizes and types, and the rates were very
    reasonable. They have been exceedingly helpful whenever I've gone
    there for anything.

    Alki Bike and Board in West Seattle is a great shop, and they also do
    rentals (in the event that their shop is better located for your
    purposes.) If you go there, be sure to tell them I sent you! Their
    service manager Jeremy is a longstanding member of my chopper bike
    club, Dead Baby Bikes.

    http://deadbabybikes.org

    Chalo Colina