Bike Rentals in Ireland

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Mike, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    My son and I are planning a two-week tour of Ireland this summer. I would like to know if the bikes
    you can rent (and where)are of good quality or if we whould go ahead and take our own bikes. We live
    overseas and are returning to the States for the summer, and are traveling at both ends of our trip
    (the return trip is a non-bike holiday. The thought of lugging two boxed bikes around on the return
    doesn't excite me much.

    I would appreciate the opinions of those that have gone the rental route and let me know what you
    think and what your experience was.

    Thank you! Mike

    Tags:

  2. George

    George Guest

    For some time I've been collecting information on user experiences taking bikes on planes, trains,
    buses, boats, etc. There's lots of stuff on RENTALS, folding bikes, boxing, airlines, and railroads
    around the world and how to ride in/out of about 120 airports.

    One item on bike rental in Galway.

    See it at http://www.BikeAccess.net

    Mike wrote:
    > My son and I are planning a two-week tour of Ireland this summer. I would like to know if the
    > bikes you can rent (and where)are of good quality or if we whould go ahead and take our own bikes.
    > We live overseas and are returning to the States for the summer, and are traveling at both ends of
    > our trip (the return trip is a non-bike holiday. The thought of lugging two boxed bikes around on
    > the return doesn't excite me much.
    >
    > I would appreciate the opinions of those that have gone the rental route and let me know what you
    > think and what your experience was.
    >
    > Thank you! Mike

  3. Rental bikes here are usually hybrids or cheapish MTBs.