Bike rentals in Las Vegas, Nevada?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Eldredp, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. Eldredp

    Eldredp Guest

    I'm going to be in LV from March 15 - 20. Any place I can rent a couple of bikes to tour around the
    area? Thanks.

    Eldred
    --
    Homepage - http://www.umich.edu/~epickett GPLRank:-1.680 MonsterRank: +334.169 N2002 Rank:+17.59

    Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats you with experience... Remove
    SPAM-OFF to reply.

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (EldredP) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm going to be in LV from March 15 - 20. Any place I can rent a couple of bikes to tour around
    > the area? Thanks.

    Road Bike rentals - McGhies Ski, Bike and Board at 702-252-8077 Mtn Bike in town - Escape Adventures
    at 702-596-2953 Mtn Bikes and Road Bikes at the trail head - Blue Diamond Bike Out Post at
    702-875-4820 Web sites www.bikeoutpost.com www.mcghies.com www.escapeadventures.com

    Map that shows the local bicycle routes: Regional Transportation Commission 600 S. Grand Central
    Parkway; Suite 350 Las Vegas, Nevada 89106-4512 or call 702-676-1500

    My husband and I last summer got bikes at Blue Diamond last summer and had a blast. Get there when
    the shop first opens so you can ride before the heat rises, and bring a camelbak for each rider --
    even in the winter it is really dry.

    I am not overly fond of Vegas, but my in-laws live there, so I have no choice but to visit
    frequently. Riding bikes there was probably the most fun I've had in the Las Vegas area.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky Home of the meditative cyclist: http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm

  3. Eldredp

    Eldredp Guest

    >Road Bike rentals - McGhies Ski, Bike and Board at 702-252-8077 Mtn Bike in town - Escape
    >Adventures at 702-596-2953 Mtn Bikes and Road Bikes at the trail head - Blue Diamond Bike Out Post
    >at 702-875-4820 Web sites www.bikeoutpost.com www.mcghies.com www.escapeadventures.com
    >
    >Map that shows the local bicycle routes: Regional Transportation Commission 600 S. Grand Central
    >Parkway; Suite 350 Las Vegas, Nevada 89106-4512 or call 702-676-1500

    Thanks, Claire!

    Eldred
    --
    Homepage - http://www.umich.edu/~epickett GPLRank:-1.680 MonsterRank: +334.169 N2002 Rank:+17.59

    Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats you with experience... Remove
    SPAM-OFF to reply.

  4. Don't they have liveries at the edge of town, where you can rent horses? That would be a better way
    to see the scenery than bicycling in that environment. Claire, do your in-laws read what you say on
    this group?

    Steve McDonald

  5. Ken

    Ken Guest

    [email protected] (Steve McDonald) wrote in news:22318-3E67C644-225
    @storefull-2111.public.lawson.webtv.net:
    > Don't they have liveries at the edge of town, where you can rent horses? That would be a
    > better way to see the scenery than bicycling in that environment.

    Try the Mustang Ranch :)