Bike Rentals in Loire

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by 'Bill' F W Lewis, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. Anyone got a suggestion/good experience renting a bike for some
    Chateau Touring in the Loire River Valley? I am thinking about staying in
    Amboise for 4-5 days this July.

    Thanks!

    -Bill Lewis

    Tags:

  2. I rented from LeBlond in Blois - along the river about 1 mile downstream
    from the middle of town. Close to the Blois chateau (obviously) and maybe
    about 15 miles from Chambord. I can't speak to Amboise.

    "'Bill' F W Lewis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > Anyone got a suggestion/good experience renting a bike for some Chateau
    > Touring in the Loire River Valley? I am thinking about staying in Amboise
    > for 4-5 days this July.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > -Bill Lewis

  3. GPS

    GPS Guest

    Hi

    It's been several years but there is a bike rental shop with decent bikes on
    the side of town across the river from the castle. I toured to several
    chateaus. It's really a great area to ride.

    Gerry

    news:Ek%[email protected]