Bike rentals

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Are there bike rentals in your place? In big parks here, there used to be bike rentals where you can flex your legs for the needed exercise. However, some of the parks have removed the bike rentals due to accidents and complaints - some bikers don't know the rules of biking thus collision happens. But a bike rental in the park is very alluring particularly to riders like me. How about a half hour spin around the park? That would be great in the early morning especially if the ride is followed by a good breakfast in the park's restaurant.

Is bicycle's rentals a thing? Never saw bicycle rental businesses in any park I ever step. Not a bad idea anyway, I can see some people don't want to bother with bike's maintenance or riders looking a quick spin around the park as u said.

Right now I'm living in a touristic area, so there're quite a few bike rentals. I walk by them almost every day and it seems they're doing good. However, I'm not really sure about the quality of the bikes. Not sure if they're great as it's mostly targeted at the people who come for a week vacation. In general the idea of going to a certain park and having an option of getting a bike there for a short ride seems pretty appealing.

In my town there is this quite nice system. It looks and sounds smart but full of bugs and problems.

So there are bike racks in almost every bus stop full of "citybikes", you purchase a electronical card - it is free if you are a student - and with that card you can use the bike for an hour. You check it out, go to your destination then find a rack, put the bike back. ta-da!

Sadly the electronical system is lagging and there are not enough cards available and so on and so on. I hope that they will fix the issues soon.