Bike Repair Stand

Irena

Nov 12, 2009
I have an Ultimate Bike Repair Stand (BRS-70B) which is supposed to allow you to rotate the bike 360 degrees when mounted on the stand. I tried several times but the bike won't stay in that position and slides down. Anyone experienced the same problem?

Irena said:
I have an Ultimate Bike Repair Stand (BRS-70B) which is supposed to allow you to rotate the bike 360 degrees when mounted on the stand. I tried several times but the bike won't stay in that position and slides down. Anyone experienced the same problem?

Do you mean that the vertical telescoping post slides down? If that's the case, the "clamps" probably need to be tightened. There is a screw--a Philips head, I think--on each sections clamp. If you open the clamp, you can turn the screw clockwise to increase the force with which the clamp closes. It doesn't take much screw turning at all to increase the closing force a lot.

If you're saying that the bike is sliding down in the bike clamp, then that clamp needs to be tightened more. Before tightening though, be sure that you are clamping the bike on the seat post. You should avoid clamping the bike buy the frame tubes unless necessary, and if you're clamping by the frame tubes, switch to the seat post if you can, otherwise be very careful when tightening.

Perhaps you should describe exactly what is happening and where the bike is being clamped, as well as what that area of the bike is made from.

Hi,
If I clamp the bike by the seat post , the weight of the front wheel, causes the bike to rotate, regardless of how much I tighten the clutch control. That means there is only one position that I can work on the bike. With the front wheel almost touching the ground and the rest at an odd angle up in the air. If I try to rotate the front wheel up, the clutch cannot hold it and gravity brings the front wheel down again.
Any suggestions? It is a well built piece of kit, but is anyone else having this problem.

Irena said:
Hi,
If I clamp the bike by the seat post , the weight of the front wheel, causes the bike to rotate, regardless of how much I tighten the clutch control. That means there is only one position that I can work on the bike. With the front wheel almost touching the ground and the rest at an odd angle up in the air. If I try to rotate the front wheel up, the clutch cannot hold it and gravity brings the front wheel down again.
Any suggestions? It is a well built piece of kit, but is anyone else having this problem.

I've got the same stand without any issue at any angle, although I usually drop the front down slightly so the front wheel stays straight. Something's going on. I'd drop by your shop and have them check it out.