Bike repair stands

Tony Raven wrote:
> There's currently a 20" unicycle though going today and sitting at
> £10.50 at the moment: Item number: 7194350646

Mmmmmm, I'm very tempted. I went to a party on Wednesday night where one
of the attractions was a circus skills workshop kind of thing - lots of
people spinning plates and juggling and so on. I had a go on a unicycle
and I must say it was immense amounts of fun - and not only because of
the amount of free BEER I had already consumed. The longest I managed to
stay on it was about two seconds, but I thought that was not bad for a
first-timer, especially one who was tanked up on free BEER.

d.

D.M. Procida <[email protected]> wrote:

> Having spent some hours angrily puncturing new tubes and then putting
> them back on the wheel I think a bike stand to help with this kind of
> work would be a good idea. What do people recommend?

I find a couple of bricks under the ends of the handlebars works well.

[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

Mike Ellis (news) came up with the following;:
> Paul - *** wrote:
>> D.M. Procida came up with the following;:
>>
>>> Having spent some hours angrily puncturing new tubes and then putting
>>> them back on the wheel I think a bike stand to help with this kind of
>>> work would be a good idea. What do people recommend? It will live in the
>>> garage, and can probably stay up most of the time, though if it folds
>>> away as well so much the better,
>>>
>>> Daniele

>> Park stands rock ... ;)
>>

> I think I'd rather have a stand that is stable.

Why would you want to keep a horse in it ?

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Paul - *** wrote:
> Mike Ellis (news) came up with the following;:
>
>> Paul - *** wrote:
>>
>>> D.M. Procida came up with the following;:

>>> Park stands rock ... ;)
>>>

>> I think I'd rather have a stand that is stable.

> Why would you want to keep a horse in it ?

To make use of the bolts

--
The email address is only valid until the end of next month. If you need to
contact me after that then please use

In message <[email protected]>, davek
<[email protected]> writes
>chris French wrote:
>> It's one of the things I put off buying for years and really wish i'd
>>got one much sooner.

>You've sold me! Can you recommend a particular model?
>
>I ought to get one quick - preferably in time to use with the new rim,
>spokes and Schmidt hub that will soon need assembling chez moi. :)
>
>d.

Actually I was still rambling on there about work stands - not paying
attention :)

While a trueing stand is a more borrowable tool, if you are going to be
wheel building then I'd certainly say getting truing stand is
worthwhile as well.

TBh, I can't remember what one mine is.......
--
Chris French

You need an Esge twin legged propstand. Once fitted, you'll wonder how
you managed without it.

If you but the "long" version and don't cut it, the back wheel is held
well off the ground for easy mainteneance. Front is dealt with using a
set of Blackburn lowriders :)

kind regards,
daren
--