Bike Repair Stands

Ed <[email protected]> writes:
> I would like to buy a "good" bike repair stand for home use. I've looked on the web for a
> comparitive review of the various stands but can't find any.
>
> Does anyone know of such a review? If so, where (in the world) is it?
>
> By "good", I mean one that holds the bike in the normal service positions, and doesn't fall over
> while tweeking the bike.

I wanna find me a "6-day" stand.

I recently saw what I think was one on TV, about triathlon stuff.

All it does is raise the rear wheel. That's all I want. I can do the rest with an adjustable stool &
a trouble-light.

For doing BB's I just flip the bike and put the handlebar over piled 2x4 cut-offs. That does the
trick real good. The cost/benefit thing works out nicely.

cheers, Tom