G

I checked out the LBS and have found:
Park PCS-1 $145 US
Ultimate BRS 70 $125 US
Wrench Force $125 US

My observations:
Park - no vertical adjustment
Ultimate - much vertical but/and has tripod stand
Wrench Force - some vertical not tripod (cross between park/ultimate)

Regardless... With my Giant TCR2, I will always have to take the seat off and install a dummy seat post to do any maintenance. Most people including Giant say to hang by frame or carbon fiber seat post is not recommended.

Seat off everytime... a bit of a pain.

I am leaning towards Wrench Force.

Any last minute suggestions/advice welcome.

G

I have the Ultimate Pro. It rocks. I use it for my mountain bike all the time - I haven't used it for my Giant ocr1 yet.

Park makes three models - one has no vertical adjustment, one has fixed adjustment points and the most expensive is totally adjustable.

btw, I would NEVER hang my bike by the frame. too much of a possibility for damage!

G

I normaly just use my indoor trainer. It's not the best option but it's all I have.

With my older bike I used to hang it from a tree with a rope around the saddle. It's not very stable but allows you to work all around the bike and you can bring the bike to whatever height you want.

G

Hi Guys

Being handy with a welder I built my own car cycle
carrier. I also made a stand where the carrier fits in. It is at just the right height. I even service my tandem on this carrier/stand. The tandem sleeps permanently on this stand. Without tigthning the clamps I can do anything on it. I have removed the cranks, BB, service chains etc etc. I even wash my bikes on this stand. Works very well and is cheap. It might not have the versatality of a Park stand to swivel the bike but the bike is at eye level and you can work on the bike.

Keep those wheels spinning

Big H

DRAFTER

Oct 3, 2002
I just purchased the Wrench Force stand...and, for the price of 150 at my LBS, find it to be very solid and well made. I don't think you'd be at all dissappointed. I was impressed right out of the box, and have put it to use on one of my three bikes almost daily. <br />I too install a spare seatpost to clamp on, and would never let the stand bite any part of the frame. Too much possibility of crushing the thin-wall tubing or damaging the finish.