Bike replacement, long top tube

Kudzu

Mar 30, 2023
Due to health/age, I am looking for a replacement bike.
I weigh in at 320#. 6’3”. 30” inseam, size 50 shoe. Use SHIMANO Cleats SPD-SL.

- [ ] LOW step over… <30”
- [ ] Like long top tube as my legs are short
- [ ] Prefer single front gear
- [ ] Prefer tubes- not tubules.
- [ ] Rigid rear
- [ ] Air shock front-quality for my weight…

Due to health/age, I am looking for a replacement bike.
I weigh in at 320#. 6’3”. 30” inseam, size 50 shoe. Use SHIMANO Cleats SPD-SL.

- [ ] LOW step over… <30”
- [ ] Like long top tube as my legs are short
- [ ] Prefer single front gear
- [ ] Prefer tubes- not tubules.
- [ ] Rigid rear
- [ ] Air shock front-quality for my weight…
Check these options out:

1. Trek Verve+ 2 Lowstep: The Trek Verve+ 2 Lowstep is an electric hybrid bike with a low step-through frame that makes it easy to mount and dismount. Although it comes with a 2x drivetrain, you could work with a local bike shop to convert it to a 1x setup. The bike features a lightweight aluminum frame and a suspension fork, which can be adjusted for your weight. Make sure to replace the standard tires with clincher tires that use inner tubes.
  2. Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry: The Specialized Roll Sport Low Entry is a hybrid bike designed for comfort and easy access, thanks to its low-entry frame. It comes with a 2x drivetrain, but you can convert it to a 1x setup. The bike has a rigid rear and an SR Suntour NEX fork with Multi-Circuit Damping, which can be adjusted for your weight. As with the Trek Verve+ 2 Lowstep, you'll need to replace the standard tires with clincher tires that use inner tubes.
  3. Giant Roam 4 Disc: The Giant Roam 4 Disc is a versatile hybrid bike with a sloping top tube for a lower standover height. It features a 2x drivetrain, but you can work with a local bike shop to convert it to a 1x setup. The bike comes with a rigid rear frame and an SR Suntour NEX suspension fork, which can be adjusted for your weight. The bike uses clincher tires with inner tubes, so you won't need to make any changes in that regard.

Some of the bikes with low step over that I have found are:
TREK Roscoe 6 $1200

Trek Marlin 7 Gen 2 $1200

Trek Marlin 8 Gen 2. $1400

GIANT Fathom 2 $1200
Local Giant dealer - not sure he has inventory of Giant.

The difficult issue is finding dealers that have any inventory.., The local Specialized dearer has almost no inventory.

Hey there! When it comes to finding bikes with low step overs, it can be tricky with limited inventory. Have you tried reaching out to different dealers in your area? They might have the bikes you're looking for. Good luck!