Bike selection for ultracycling, long haul distances.

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by robotfury, Oct 30, 2006.

1. robotfury

robotfury New Member

I am interested in buying a 10 spd dream all around road bike that is super comfortable as I intend to ride it in longer distance rides/races - 300km and up. I am not interested in touring bikes or triples. I want something that is lightish, bling and yet super comfortable - great for group/training rides, doubles and upwards. Looking at Specialized roubaix and tarmac as benchmarks- but they are SO pricey. That is the idea though. Also looked at the R3, cause, well, of the bling and I was told it too would be comfortable. I have also looked at Litespeed and other ti bikes. I am saving up, but not sure of the bikes I should consider. In addition, I am also wondering if I should go with carbon or titanium. This is kind of driving me crazy. I am not a Cat rider and never will be. I like the grind of endurance riding and that is where I want to go with cycling. If anyone could suggest some bikes for long hauls and long hours, I would really appreciate it.

Tags:

2. curby

curby New Member

do you like to climb out of the saddle or seated? any sprinting? how tall are you? what do you weigh? cheap alternative is a classic bonded aluminum (not oversized) Alan or Vitus frame; great dampening, light and retro!... but in the larger frame sizes can be a little flexy, but if you are a smooth pedaler and don't jam up the hills out of the saddle you probably won't notice it... a really nice all day/long haul frame! could be a bargain too...

all's'miles

curby