Bike Selling Advice

wmorrison818

Aug 4, 2013
I know this forum is more for bike buying, however, had a question about selling a bike. I currently have a 2008 Fuji Roubaix. Aluminum frame w/ carbon seat stays and fork. Shimano 105 RD. Tiagra FD. Tiagra Shifters. Carbon handlebars and seatpost. Mavic Kysrium Equipe Wheel set. In great working order, never had any real problems with it other than just regular maintenance.

Looking to sell it and was wondering what people thought it would be worth. Any input is greatly appreciated.

FWIW. Depreciation for bikes can probably be considered to be horrific ...

Based on my casual observation, if your bike were NOS & sitting on a shop floor, it would probably be listed at 50%-OR-possibly-LESS of the MSRP ...

Some people might say less ... and, they might be right.

Consequently, I would say it may be worth 40% of the MSRP if you are lucky ...

It's probably worth more if you were to part it out ...

If you EVER think you will be riding, again, then you are probably better off keeping the bike.

Assuming it needs nothing, I would guess around $550 to $650 since a new 2013 Roubaix with 105 components is $1000

wmorrison818 said:
I know this forum is more for bike buying, however, had a question about selling a bike.  I currently have a 2008 Fuji Roubaix.  Aluminum frame w/ carbon seat stays and fork.  Shimano 105 RD.  Tiagra FD.  Tiagra Shifters.  Carbon handlebars and seatpost.  Mavic Kysrium Equipe Wheel set.  In great working order, never had any real problems with it other than just regular maintenance. Looking to sell it and was wondering what people thought it would be worth.  Any input is greatly appreciated.
The best way to find good selling prices is to search eBay for completed sales of bikes like that which you are selling and the prices at which those bikes were sold. Add a bit to the sale prices listed, and you'll have a good starting price.