Bike Servicing - where to go in Bath!

SPHDS

Mar 29, 2007
May be completely wrong place to post this, so sorry, but here we go!

There are a couple of ****ling problems that I want to get sorted on my bike, things that I have had a go at myself but can't quite resolve, and want some one who really knows what they are doing to fix: -

1) Both wheels need truing, rear one more than front - don't have a clue about this!

2) Brakes seem to constantly need adjusting - could be an idiosyncrasy of them, could be my incompetence, just want someone else to look at them!

3) Gears seem to be really noisy, even with adjusting and oiling - squeak, but only every other rev. (in top) and also rattly and 'crunchy' - feel vibrations through the pedals!

Does anyone know a shop/workshop where I can take it that is relatively cheap and trustworthy - won't take me for a ride - no pun intended!

Any help appreciated!
Sam

I'm presuming "bath" is in the UK. To the best of my knowledge, Poms hate baths as much as pussycats :cool:

Calling a city in the UK "Bath" is like naming a town in Utah "Monogamy", the naming would be a joke !! hahaha

Aw come on. "Location: Bath" maybe he's sitting in a tub with a cigar in his mouth, a brandy goblet on the side, typing into his laptop ?

Hey Sandgroper, at least my hometown ain't named after a place in Haggisland! Yes I live in Aquae Sulis, which has been around long before you convicts were shipped off to New Holland! So if you don't have anything useful to say, rack off and stop being a lamb brained drongo!

No Worries Artimedorus, tecnically I'm an Aussie, but the bogan ain't to know that - was back over visiting the rellies last summer!

Sandgroper ! haha hey I was born in Victoria- named after one of your Queens. British connection. However my parents and all my family came to the largest Prison in the world from Seychelles. Funnily enough another British connection- Seychelles belonged to Great Britain until 1977. I dont have any convicts in my family tree (that I know of) although I believe we do have several pirates, slaves etc...:rolleyes: Hey maybe the pirates were captured - who knows? hahaha laugh

Actually just stating "Bath" as the location leaves a lot of pertinent information out of the question. Here in the US, nearly every state has a town or city named Bath. If it was Bath, Indiana, the answer would be nowhere. If it was Bath, Maine, there would be six good answers.

Fair enough, ok, anyone know any in Aquae Sulis, The orignal, Bath, UK - Maine is a bit of a commute!

Has anyone ever noticed that the UK is the only country in the world that doesn't have the name of their country on their postage stamps? That's because they invented them.

It's the same with Bath. There is only one original Bath, and it's in the UK. Clearly, the OP thought he was dealing with a knowledgeable group, but he forgot the Americans that would read his post know little about anything outside their borders.

Happily, they now know something about UK stamps they never knew before.

kdelong said:
Here in the US, nearly every state has a town or city named Bath.
I imagine these are all named after the same place in Somerset. It's a bit like American websites not having a country suffix.

Yojimbo_ said:
Has anyone ever noticed that the UK is the only country in the world that doesn't have the name of their country on their postage stamps? That's because they invented them.

It's the same with Bath. There is only one original Bath, and it's in the UK. Clearly, the OP thought he was dealing with a knowledgeable group, but he forgot the Americans that would read his post know little about anything outside their borders.

Happily, they now know something about UK stamps they never knew before.
Let me see if I've got this right.....so if there is no country listed, we have to find out where the name originated and that is the country? I think that if one is looking for information concerning a particular locale, they would get much more accurate info by including the country in which it is located. There are not many of us who have the time to do that much research before responding to a question. As for knowledgeable, I lived nearly half of my life outside of the borders of the US and feel that I am very knowledgeable of the rest of the world. I really don't know why some Canadians have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the US. It's almost like the little brother who is jealous of their their older brother so they denigrate him every chance they get. BTW Yojimbo, last time I looked, Canada is located on the North American Continent, so technically Canadians are Americans too:D!

artemidorus said:
I imagine these are all named after the same place in Somerset. It's a bit like American websites not having a country suffix.
Come on Arty, everyone knows that Al Gore "invented" the internet and he is a US Citizen. It is just like the fact that UK Postage Stamps lack a country name that Yojimbo cited. It was invented here so we don't have to have a country suffix. Actually I have noticed in my surfing that the country code is not generally required, at least not if you are in the US. I have left them off many times and still got the website that I wanted. It wasn't always in English but I knew I was in the right place because I recognized the logos.

so what began as a simple request for info on bike servicing has turned into a fight between Canuks and Seppos, and Poms and Aussie Convicts. Lookout folks, WW3 is about to break out !! I'm buying shares in Halliburton cos we all know that company thrives on death & destruction...:eek: