Bike Setup

ewep

Jan 31, 2002
Been cycling for nearly 3 yrs now. I've had 3 bikes, an Avalanche Stratus (begining bike), a Biachi Gold Race 200 (frame size too large) and then a Omega V-Max (right size, but major slanting top tube).

The V-Max is great, but I went for a professional bike setup recently. Waaayyyyyy off is not even close. But after the whole setup I felt so uncomfortable I changed back to my original setup.

The problem is that I sit quite low and a bit forward, but this is very comfortable and I don't hurt (knee problems, thanks rugby :rolleyes: ). I've done a 180km stage race in this setup with no problems.

The major question however is whether this will have a long term effect on my body (negative). Can anyone please give me some pointers PLEASE!!!

If it works don't change it!! If you're not experiencing any back/arm/hand/****/knee/other pain then don't fiddle.

IMHO, the only thing you might consider is moving your saddle up a little (in very small increments, like 5mm at a time). Sitting too low can affect the power that you can deliver, but it depends on lots of variables.

Just remember that after changing something give it 3 or 4 rides (unless its obviously not working for you) before you form a definite opinion.

HTH.