bike shoe size

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Meeba, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Meeba

Meeba New Member

Generally are they all the same size btwn brands?

Tags:

2. tfstrum

tfstrum New Member

They're different. Search on "shoe sizing" and you'll get a bunch of insight

3. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

They are quite different.

4. anthonyg

anthonyg New Member

They can even be different within the same brand. I think Shimano shoes used to be sized on the small size but when they changed their road shoes range from being able to accept spd-sl + spd cleats to just accepting spd-sl only they made them a tiny bit bigger as well which I think was just bringing them more in line with everyone else.

Different brands suit different feet better so cycling shoes are one of those items that you just have to try on for fit untill your absolutely sure as to what suits you.

Regards, Anthony

5. Meeba

Meeba New Member

Thanks for all the advice, l have bought two pairs in my time ,one fit good the 2nd pair not so good.What do l look for esp since l cant ttry out on bike?
    l will try on a pair instead of just ordering online/ebay
    cheers j

6. anthonyg

anthonyg New Member

What to look for in a cycling shoe?

I think the important thing about cycling shoe fit is that you want it to be a reasonably close fit but not so thight that it hurts. I think that you want the shoes to feel snug all around but without any realy tight points. You also want to leave some room for your toes. Finding a brand and size that you like and sticking with it is usualy a good idea. I like Shimano shoes. I've recently bought a pair of Sidi's and they're not bad either. I have a pair of Specialized shoes but I'm not keen on them anymore. So using what you have that you like is probably the best starting point.

Regards, Anthony

7. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

...there's a formula to calculating the correct shoe size:

it's E=MC2....no wait, thats sumphing to with triangles, what about:

PiR2...nope, that's gravity....ummmm wish I hadn't of been perving on the pretty girl in science now (not really)...oh now I remember its:

the size you need = 1 size more/less than the one you ordered online