Bike Shop attitude re:internet purchases

marcm0126

Mar 23, 2007
Searching for feelings on having my "local bike shop" install equipment on my bike that I purchased on the internet. :)

marcm0126 said:
Searching for feelings on having my "local bike shop" install equipment on my bike that I purchased on the internet. :)
Be prepared to fork over any savings that you saved by buying on line for the labor that may have been included if you purchased the item in that shop.

That being said if you have a lot of work done, by that shop, and if it was a rellly good deal, or an item that the shop does not have in stock. They should treat you well.

marcm0126 said:

Why not just call and ask?

marcm0126 said:

A good LBS should do it for you with a smile on their face. You should expect to pay them full labor with no discounts however.

Frankly, if I were you, I would learn to do the work yourself. What is the point of saving a few dollars on the part if you lose that savings by having to pay someone to install it. With the possible exceptions of headsets/forks, almost all other component installations are well within the capabilities of most people. Of course there may need to be some tool investments, but over time that investment pays for itself.