Bike shop/bike type recommendations

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Riles, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Riles

    Riles Guest

    I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    could be a little on dirt walking trails.

    What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research more,
    and possibly test ride.

    I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

    I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer four
    times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Riles) wrote:

    > I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    > could be a little on dirt walking trails.
    >

    > What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
    > more, and possibly test ride.
    >
    > I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.
    >
    > I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
    > four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    Valley Forge is a big area.

    Go seethe folks at BikeSport in Trappe - on Main Street/Ridge Pike.

    BikeLine in K-O-P. Rt 202 and the Mall.

    BeansBikes on Rt 30 in Paoli- ask for Shaun.

    HTH

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Steve:

    BikeSport in Trappe is a very good LBS.

    http://www.bikesportbikes.com/intro.htm

    A bit out of the way, but also a good knowledgeable store with *excellent* prices is Shirk's
    Bicycles just west of Churchtown off of Route 23:

    http://www.christianacycling.com/ShirksHome.htm

    :Greg

    "Riles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    > could be a little on dirt walking trails.
    >

    > What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
    > more, and possibly test ride.
    >
    > I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.
    >
    > I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
    > four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

  4. The Bicycle Club of Philadelphia (BCP) web site lists 78 bike shops in the Philadlephia region
    (http://www.phillybikeclub.org/bike_shops.html), so there are plenty to choose from.