Bike shop/bike type recommendations

Riles

Guest
I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
could be a little on dirt walking trails.

What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research more,
and possibly test ride.

I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer four
times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

Thanks in advance

Steve

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Riles) wrote:

> I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
> could be a little on dirt walking trails.
>

> What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
> more, and possibly test ride.
>
> I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.
>
> I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
> four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steve

Valley Forge is a big area.

Go seethe folks at BikeSport in Trappe - on Main Street/Ridge Pike.

BikeLine in K-O-P. Rt 202 and the Mall.

BeansBikes on Rt 30 in Paoli- ask for Shaun.

HTH

Steve:

BikeSport in Trappe is a very good LBS.

http://www.bikesportbikes.com/intro.htm

A bit out of the way, but also a good knowledgeable store with *excellent* prices is Shirk's
Bicycles just west of Churchtown off of Route 23:

http://www.christianacycling.com/ShirksHome.htm

:Greg

"Riles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
> could be a little on dirt walking trails.
>

> What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
> more, and possibly test ride.
>
> I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.
>
> I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
> four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steve

The Bicycle Club of Philadelphia (BCP) web site lists 78 bike shops in the Philadlephia region
(http://www.phillybikeclub.org/bike_shops.html), so there are plenty to choose from.