Bike Shops in Las Vegas

Shawn P Bolan

Guest
Will be visiting Las Vegas in a few weeks and want to do some shopping a local bike shops...any
recommendations?

--
Shawn P Bolan [email protected]

Shawn P Bolan wrote:
> Will be visiting Las Vegas in a few weeks and want to do some shopping a local bike shops...any
> recommendations?
>
> --
> Shawn P Bolan [email protected]

I almost moved there a couple months ago and was scouting it out. Vegas is NOT a cycling town,
though the locals are outdoorsy to an extent. Serious racers are few, but serious. There are two
high-end shops that I could find. Only one of them had a club/team. I can't remember but something
in my head says one is call Peloton Sports or similar, and the other is Professional something. I
just popped into an old Schwinn shop, noted the tricycles, and asked the proprietor where the
serious shops were. Both were in the Summerlin area.

Sounds like a business opportunity for a savvy bike business geek. Two million people, two high-end
shops. Here in the Wasatch we've got like, twenty. Nevada is starting to emphasize outdoor
recreation in their advertising.

"Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I almost moved there a couple months ago and was scouting it out. Vegas is NOT a cycling town,
> though the locals are outdoorsy to an extent.

I've taken 2 multi-day trips to Vegas, and both time I've taken my bike. There's a cool 50 mile
loop that you can do west of the city of the south end of town, past red rock canyon, and back into
the north end of the strip. If you add the tour of the canyon, you'll add some climbs and about 15
miles to the total trip. I'm also sure that there's cool riding to be had east of the city, over
near lake Meade.

Regarding Vegas not being a cycling town: every time I was out riding in the desert I passed
numerous other cyclists (not to mention wild burroughs). I'm not sure what the racing scene is like,
but there's certainly opportunities for riding, if you're interested in pursuing them.

On 3/8/03 4:45 PM, in article [email protected], "hold my beer and watch this..."
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Raptor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> I almost moved there a couple months ago and was scouting it out. Vegas is NOT a cycling town,
>> though the locals are outdoorsy to an extent.
>
> I've taken 2 multi-day trips to Vegas, and both time I've taken my bike. There's a cool 50 mile
> loop that you can do west of the city of the south end of town, past red rock canyon, and back
> into the north end of the strip. If you add the tour of the canyon, you'll add some climbs and
> about 15 miles to the total trip. I'm also sure that there's cool riding to be had east of the
> city, over near lake Meade.
>
> Regarding Vegas not being a cycling town: every time I was out riding in the desert I passed
> numerous other cyclists (not to mention wild burroughs).

Burros?

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Regarding Vegas not being a cycling town: every time I was out riding
in
> > the desert I passed numerous other cyclists (not to mention wild
burroughs).

> Burros?

Those too.

William Burroughs the author of Naked Lunch? The guy who shot and killed his wife William
Tell style?

"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Regarding Vegas not being a cycling town: every time I was out riding
in
> > the desert I passed numerous other cyclists (not to mention wild
burroughs).

> Burros?

Those too.

In article <D%[email protected]>, Shawn P Bolan <[email protected]> wrote:
>Will be visiting Las Vegas in a few weeks and want to do some shopping a local bike shops...any
>recommendations?

Check with the Las Vegas Bike Club - http://www.vegasbikeclib.org/. My wife went to a conference
there, so I went with her and brought my bike. The bike club had a Thursday morning ride that was
pretty nice, and we got back before it got too hot (this was in June).

--
Mike Iglesias Internet: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone:
949-824-6926 Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

"EP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> William Burroughs the author of Naked Lunch? The guy who shot and killed
his wife William Tell style?

Yeah, that guy. Or should I say gay...?

You know, spelling busts are so blasay.