Bike shops in UK

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Marshall, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I intend to go to the TDF2004 and after that head across to the UK for a week no cycling just
    looking around. Not sure where I'll be staying etc... First trip over there from Oz.

I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking of
    getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me.

Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.

TIA Colin

Tags:

2. Kirby James

Kirby James Guest

3. Mseries

Mseries Guest

A.Lee wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:
    >
    >> I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
    >> of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me. Any
    >> advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
    >
    > There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
    > Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
    > of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
    > to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
    > (http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
    > HTH Alan.

I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they were
    built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990

4. Bikingbill

Bikingbill Guest

[email protected] (Colin Marshall) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

> Hi all,
    >
    > I intend to go to the TDF2004 and after that head across to the UK for a week no cycling just
    > looking around. Not sure where I'll be staying etc... First trip over there from Oz.
    >
    > I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
    > of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me.
    >
    > Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
    >
    > TIA Colin

Dales in Glasgow did a good Mavic wheel for me.

Hope you enjoy your visit to the UK. Bill

--
    Cyclists are always well-balanced.

5. Pete Whelan

Pete Whelan Guest

MSeries wrote:
    > A.Lee wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
    >>>of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me. Any
    >>>advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
    >>Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
    >>of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
    >>to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
    >>(http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
    >>HTH Alan.
    >
    >
    > I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they
    > were built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990
    >
    >

Monty always builds a good set of wheels

--
    Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

6. Mseries

Mseries Guest

Pete Whelan wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >> A.Lee wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also
    >>>> thinking of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together
    >>>> for me. Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
    >>> Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
    >>> of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
    >>> to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
    >>> (http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
    >>> HTH Alan.
    >>
    >>
    >> I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they
    >> were built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Monty always builds a good set of wheels

Its a long time since I visited any LBSs in London, does Monty still build wheels ? I was well
    impressed from the start when he told me to bring them back after 100 miles to get them re-tuned.
    After that they have remained almost perfect, showing signs of wear of course.

--
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.