Bike shops in UK

Status

Colin Marshall

Guest
Hi all,

I intend to go to the TDF2004 and after that head across to the UK for a week no cycling just
looking around. Not sure where I'll be staying etc... First trip over there from Oz.

I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking of
getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me.

Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.

TIA Colin

Mseries

Guest
A.Lee wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:
>
>> I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
>> of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me. Any
>> advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
>
> There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
> Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
> of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
> to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
> (http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
> HTH Alan.

I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they were
built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990

Bikingbill

Guest
[email protected] (Colin Marshall) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Hi all,
>
> I intend to go to the TDF2004 and after that head across to the UK for a week no cycling just
> looking around. Not sure where I'll be staying etc... First trip over there from Oz.
>
> I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
> of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me.
>
> Any advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
>
> TIA Colin

Dales in Glasgow did a good Mavic wheel for me.

Hope you enjoy your visit to the UK. Bill

--
Cyclists are always well-balanced.

Pete Whelan

Guest
MSeries wrote:
> A.Lee wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:20 -0800, Colin Marshall wrote:
>>

>>>I'm after some good bike shops to get a pair of wheels built using Campag hubs. I'm also thinking
>>>of getting a new Chorus groupset over there and getting the shop to put it together for me. Any
>>>advice or recommendations, locations would be appreciated.
>>
>>There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
>>Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
>>of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
>>to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
>>(http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
>>HTH Alan.
>

> I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they
> were built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990

Monty always builds a good set of wheels

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

Mseries

Guest
Pete Whelan wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>> A.Lee wrote:

>>> There are many good shops around the UK, with quite a gathering of good sellers in the
>>> Manchester/Liverpool/Preston areas in the North West of England.If you can get hold of a copy
>>> of the UKs 'Cycling Weekly', there are loads off ads from dealers. No doubt you will be going
>>> to London, and a shop that will suit your needs is Condor Cycles in Central London.
>>> (http://www.condorcycles.com/). They are not the cheapest, but they have a good reputation.
>>> HTH Alan.
>>

>> I had some great wheels built at Condor Cycles, they have needed no attention at all since they
>> were built. They have done inexcess of 6000 loaded touring miles since I got them in1990
>>

> Monty always builds a good set of wheels

Its a long time since I visited any LBSs in London, does Monty still build wheels ? I was well
impressed from the start when he told me to bring them back after 100 miles to get them re-tuned.
After that they have remained almost perfect, showing signs of wear of course.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.