Bike Shops In Wirral

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Barry, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. John Barry

    John Barry Guest

    Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a place where they are actually
    interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.

    TIA for any feedback

    Tags:

  2. Neal Milne

    Neal Milne Guest

    "John Barry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a place where they are actually
    > interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.
    >
    > TIA for any feedback

    Try Deeside Cycles in Shotton www.deesidecycles.com Not the Wirral but close.

    Neal

  3. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    John Barry wrote:
    > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a place where they are actually
    > interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.

    The Bike Factory in Chester.

    James

  4. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    Can't recommend them, returned a set of brake blocks to them that had the backing metal showing
    through the rubber before the rubber had even half worn away. The intention of my returning them was
    to warn the shop that they may have had a bad batch but was met with a surly staff member who said I
    shouldn't buy cheap blocks. He went on to say that the scraping of the metal on the rim was the
    indication to change the blocks, as if one should wait until the rims were damaged before changing
    them. On inspection of the said blocks he then announced that I hadn't fitted them properly as they
    had worn uneavenly, he hadn't heard of toeing-in. "Neal Milne" <[email protected]>

    > "John Barry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a
    place
    > > where they are actually interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.
    > >
    > > TIA for any feedback
    > >
    > Try Deeside Cycles in Shotton www.deesidecycles.com Not the Wirral but close.
    >
    > Neal

  5. I'd second that, the 'Bike Factory' has a good range of bikes and equipment. John "James Annan"
    > John Barry wrote:
    > > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a
    place
    > > where they are actually interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.
    >
    > The Bike Factory in Chester.
    >
    > James

  6. "John Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'd second that, the 'Bike Factory' has a good range of bikes and
    equipment.
    > John "James Annan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > John Barry wrote:
    > > > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a
    > place
    > > > where they are actually interested in cycling and don't try to sell
    you
    > > > things you don't want.
    > >
    > > The Bike Factory in Chester.
    > >
    > > James
    > >
    > Slightly outside Wirral but Deeside Cycles is excellent for road bikes.
    Right by Shotton railway station

    Cliffr

  7. Neal Milne

    Neal Milne Guest

    "James Annan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > John Barry wrote:
    > > Does anybody know of a decent bike shop in Wirral? By that I mean a
    place
    > > where they are actually interested in cycling and don't try to sell you things you don't want.
    >
    > The Bike Factory in Chester.
    >
    > James

    I've found the Bike Factory to be full of miserable gits and clueless Saturday boys. I use either
    Deeside Cycles for my road bike needs or The Edge in Chester for my mountain bike needs.

    Neal