Bike Shorts and Anatomy

strider22

Mar 13, 2004
Pretty new to biking. Have a serious question, so please bear with me. Anyway, my "bits" are somewhat larger than average (now now, no giggling) and as such most bike shorts induce numbness rather quickly due to compression in this area.

Does anyone know of any lycra shorts that perhaps are not quite so tight "up front"? Ball pain while biking is no fun.

Originally posted by shokhead12
The tightness is what holds the stuff out of harms way instud of sitting on it.

Really...I pull everything forward and upward as I slide the tighties up...and occaisionally reposition things outward and upward if they settle lower after some time in the saddle.

It's actually easier to *position* bigger bits than smaller bits. And the numbness that comes from pressure on a nerve has *nothing* to do with size and mainly to do with saddle shape and position.

Yeah, you definitely do want to pull your junk forward - nothing worse than pedaling along and getting the bean bag caught between the saddle and your thigh... :eek:

I usually just through them over my shoulder to keep them out of harms way.:D

I find that bib type shorts make it a "bit" easier to keep the bits out of harms way (and my thighs too):rolleyes:

Originally posted by strider22
Pretty new to biking. Have a serious question, so please bear with me. Anyway, my "bits" are somewhat larger than average (now now, no giggling) and as such most bike shorts induce numbness rather quickly due to compression in this area.

Does anyone know of any lycra shorts that perhaps are not quite so tight "up front"? Ball pain while biking is no fun.

I usually just cut a hole in the front of my shorts, let my frank-and-beans out of their restrictive confines, and cover them with a leopard-skin thong. :D

Now THIS is a most interesting thread, I think I'll go tell the girls in the women's forum to check it out --- hmmmmm....

S

yeah, i need some help getting my boyfriend sold into the idea of protecting his goods by using cycling shorts--any good arguments i could try?

thx!

Originally posted by brightgarden
yeah, i need some help getting my boyfriend sold into the idea of protecting his goods by using cycling shorts--any good arguments i could try?

thx!

He'll learn the hard way. I'm surprised he hasn't already.

I just clip my Prince ALbert to my navel ring and I'm all set...

ah. he HAS agreed that it ain't workin' the way he's goin' about it. but what he HAS NOT AGREED on is that cycling shorts are the way to go. here's how he came to the conclusion:

went shopping with me. tried on a variety of shorts starting with the uncomfortably like being naked sort to the practically looks like you're in normal clothes sort.

what did it take to get used to it? he claims he can't get his "junk" in a comfortable place...

Originally posted by jstraw
It's actually easier to *position* bigger bits than smaller bits.

just curious... how exactly do you know if its easier... have you been helping out some friends or do you just have a difference in size

Based on temperature related shrinkage of the frank and contraction of the beans...when things are less shrunken or retracted I have much greater ease of positioning.

Originally posted by bone
I usually just through them over my shoulder to keep them out of harms way.:D

Yeah! But that sounds dangerous and painful, getting caught in the rear wheel spokes and all that mess.:cool:

Originally posted by jstraw
...when things are less shrunken or retracted I have much greater ease of positioning.
You speak the truth, brother! :p What's with all that shrinkage, anyway?

My question is how do you know that you 'bits' are bigger than others? Have you been comparing?

not to speak for anyone else, but oh come now...everyone compares...everyone knows what "average" is...everyone was once an insecure adolescent...