Bike shorts question

cugrad

May 8, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have always had a large butt and legs, and compound it by doing squats and deadlifts. I am looking at buying my first pair of bike shorts, and was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations on brands that are cut for those of us with "ghetto booties." Thanks.

cugrad said:
...for those of us with "ghetto booties." Thanks.
Hahaha. Sorry brotha, don't have any advice to offer. And not to hijack your thread, but I'm gonna throw in my own question about bike shorts:

Am I better off spending about $80 on a single pair of shorts, or two $40 pairs? I know quality increases sharply, expecially in the chamois, for ever dollar spent, so I'm just wondering what more experienced/seasoned riders have to say on the matter. Thanks.

saintsfan342000 said:
Hahaha. Sorry brotha, don't have any advice to offer. And not to hijack your thread, but I'm gonna throw in my own question about bike shorts:

Am I better off spending about $80 on a single pair of shorts, or two $40 pairs? I know quality increases sharply, expecially in the chamois, for ever dollar spent, so I'm just wondering what more experienced/seasoned riders have to say on the matter. Thanks.
$80, without question.

cugrad said:
Hi everyone,

I have always had a large butt and legs, and compound it by doing squats and deadlifts. I am looking at buying my first pair of bike shorts, and was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations on brands that are cut for those of us with "ghetto booties." Thanks.
I'm not going to comment on the type of bootie here, but it brings to mind women specific shorts. They come a little fuller down there. Ya never know, they work quite nicely on my wife's bootie.:D

Oh, and make sure you spring for the $80.00 ones. They'll take care of you much nicer than the cheaper ones. My 2¢.....

I've got a bit of booty and thigh compared to a smallish waist, and Nalini bibs fit me best.

saintsfan342000 said:

One great short is better than two that really make ride short.

saintsfan342000 said:
Am I better off spending about $80 on a single pair of shorts, or two $40 pairs? .
generally yes, but it depends on the brands.

If you find some good brands on a discount rack for 40 bucks, then grab 'em.

I've scored Nalini, Giordana, Santini and Vermarc bibs of discount racks for $60 AUD