bike shorts, tight, baggies, liners, regular, wear both ????

cclev1967

Feb 12, 2012
ok now i know this will sound stupid, but i dont care i need advice and would rather ask a stupid question than look like a dumbass on the road, or worse get 50 miles from home and be wrong on my guess.

So heres the situation, i want to ride multiple centuries this summers, and do some rides that are well over 150 miles a day.

i bought a pair of Canari cycling shorts today, with a a gel padding, seem like decent shorts, problem is when i put them on you can plainly see my junk, i dont mean outline, i mean skin tone lol, so i know your not supposed to wear underware with bike shorts,
and im thinking these are liners although no where on the tag does it say liners.

So now what, do i use them as liners, and get another pair of shorts to go over them, if so do i get more padding, no padding for the 2nd pair, do i just buy baggies,

**** im so lost, i need serious advice please, help please thanks in advance for the advice,

I have 2 pair of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012HN55C/ref=oh_o05_s00_i00_details

They're padded (chamois--keeps your junk dry), black so that you can't see through them, and they're not the thinnest material. I've got a couple thousand miles in them without a complaint, though I am considering going to bibs at some point.

You shouldn't be able to see your junk like that in bike shorts. .......except maybe in white shorts after it rains. You should return those and buy a different brand.

Reactions: cclev1967
yeah thats what my wife said also, shouldnt be able to see through them, taking them back tomorrow.

Originally Posted by cclev1967 .
... So now what, do i use them as liners, and get another pair of shorts to go over them, if so do i get more padding, no padding for the 2nd pair, do i just buy baggies,
Yeah... wear the liners as liners. If you live were it gets cold the liners work good under tights. Or in warm months you can wear the liners under shorts. Taking them back works too!