Bike Sitting

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Geedubb, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    So one of my riding buds if off to Hawaii to see his dad for the holidays and asks me to dog sit for
    him and I agree. He shows up with the three dogs (2 Golden Retriever and a chocolate Lab), and
    his/her bicycles.

    OK, I have room. Last year they went away for the holiday and some dh broke into their home and
    stole his Elsworth....and only his Elsworth so I agreed to keep them here (not that my house is any
    more theft resistant but I'm here 99% of the time).

    I'm sitting here and realize I have over $10K in bicycles in my home now. I think that's more than I
    have invested in all of my woodworking equipment sans the shop they are housed in........

    And I now have another reason(s) why "not" to get a new puppy(s). Olives and puppies don't go
    well together.

    Gary

    Tags:

  2. GeeDubb wrote:
    > So one of my riding buds if off to Hawaii to see his dad for the holidays and asks me to dog sit
    > for him and I agree. He shows up with the three dogs (2 Golden Retriever and a chocolate Lab), and
    > his/her bicycles.
    >
    > OK, I have room. Last year they went away for the holiday and some dh broke into their home and
    > stole his Elsworth....and only his Elsworth so I agreed to keep them here (not that my house is
    > any more theft resistant but I'm here 99% of the time).
    >
    > I'm sitting here and realize I have over $10K in bicycles in my home now. I think that's more than
    > I have invested in all of my woodworking equipment sans the shop they are housed in........
    >
    > And I now have another reason(s) why "not" to get a new puppy(s). Olives and puppies don't go well
    > together.
    >
    > Gary

    And what did you say your address was? My Uncle Guido is looking for a road trip.

  3. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    That doesn't sound good, at all, not even a little bit. There better be some damn fine single malt on the other end of this adventure of yours. Good luck.

    K.

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    GeeDubb wrote: <snip>

    > And I now have another reason(s) why "not" to get a new puppy(s). Olives and puppies don't go well
    > together.

    I like mine with cocktail onions.

    Matt

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:55:54 -0700, MattB wrote:

    >> And I now have another reason(s) why "not" to get a new puppy(s). Olives and puppies don't go
    >> well together.
    >>

    > I like mine with cocktail onions.

    That's something I've never tried, I usually go for English mustard or green pepper sauce with dog.
    Still, I can see how cocktail onions might go with a puppy carpaccio.