Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Bike Sizing and Fit...Geometry Question.

Started by MOBEEBO · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,403 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
24 October 2007
Last activity
29 October 2007
Original author
MOBEEBO
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,403
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So, I have a FORT RoRey-853 Steel Road Bike. I bought it used and so far it has been great. However, at times it feels uncomfortable in the cockpit. I changed the stem and it got better but....on long rides it becomes uncomfortable.
    My question is, should I get "fit" for a bike? Could that help? Is it worth the money? There is a Pro shop in town here that can do it. What do you think?

  2. MOBEEBO said:


    My question is, should I get "fit" for a bike? Could that help? Is it worth the money? There is a Pro shop in town here that can do it. What do you think?


    Years ago people joined clubs, rode in groups, and the more experienced riders offered fitting advice for free. Now we pay a "pro" $25-$100 for this service and in most cases get just a ballpark fitting.

    The Competitive Cyclist website--www.competitivecyclist.com--has an online program that gives you a great ballpark fitting for free. Just get a friend to measure you, choose your style (competitive, Eddy, or French), and follow the directions. Unless you have physical limitations that require accommodations, this program will give you a place to start.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.