Bike Sizing and Fit...Geometry Question.

MOBEEBO

Oct 23, 2007
So, I have a FORT RoRey-853 Steel Road Bike. I bought it used and so far it has been great. However, at times it feels uncomfortable in the cockpit. I changed the stem and it got better but....on long rides it becomes uncomfortable.
My question is, should I get "fit" for a bike? Could that help? Is it worth the money? There is a Pro shop in town here that can do it. What do you think?

MOBEEBO said:
My question is, should I get "fit" for a bike? Could that help? Is it worth the money? There is a Pro shop in town here that can do it. What do you think?
Years ago people joined clubs, rode in groups, and the more experienced riders offered fitting advice for free. Now we pay a "pro" $25-$100 for this service and in most cases get just a ballpark fitting.

The Competitive Cyclist website--www.competitivecyclist.com--has an online program that gives you a great ballpark fitting for free. Just get a friend to measure you, choose your style (competitive, Eddy, or French), and follow the directions. Unless you have physical limitations that require accommodations, this program will give you a place to start.