bike sizing for a giant fcr 3

rubberlegs

Aug 29, 2005
hi there i have narrowed my choice for a bike to a giant fcr 3. the only problem is finding the right size. according to my hieght i should fit a medium, i have ridden a medium and i cant help but feel a bit awkward. it seemed a bit small, compact frame i know. so im going to leave my measurements here and i hope you can translate for me. hieght 5'10 or 70.5 inches, inseam lenght 30 inches, sternum notch 59.25 inches, arm lenght 24 inches, flexibilty 7, wieght 220lbs, size 10 shoes. i am using the wrench science measurement site. i hope i can get some good feedback here i know alot of you guys are pros here.

hi man how are ya doin? i'm NXT, i'm a dirt jumper, well why are you looking only a giants as an option?? i know a **** of racing bikes but there are many other choices, have you ever thought of buying a cannondale or a trek??

yes ive read some articles that say that the compact road frame is just a marketing ploy to save on materials. but ive now wondering about buying a trek pilot flatbar. another is the 06 cannondale road warrior. it comes in a frame that accomodate larger tires. i go offroad on gravel sometimes and i also race a hardpack gravel race once a year. the reason im so adamant about the flatbar is that the race officials want mountain bikes and i feel they lack in efficiency on the straights. i like fitness riding alot though. i want the performance of a roadbike but the look of a mountain bike. i like a bigger tire too maybe a maximum of 40 cc a 35 would be good though.

rubberlegs said:
hi there i have narrowed my choice for a bike to a giant fcr 3. the only problem is finding the right size. according to my hieght i should fit a medium, i have ridden a medium and i cant help but feel a bit awkward. it seemed a bit small, compact frame i know. so im going to leave my measurements here and i hope you can translate for me. hieght 5'10 or 70.5 inches, inseam lenght 30 inches, sternum notch 59.25 inches, arm lenght 24 inches, flexibilty 7, wieght 220lbs, size 10 shoes. i am using the wrench science measurement site. i hope i can get some good feedback here i know alot of you guys are pros here.
This does not answer your question but my finace and I say this same bike at a local dealer and they had the bike listed as 18". I see on Giant's website that the sizes run from xs to xl with no numeric sizes listed. So I am also confused. I hope someone can help you out with your sizing question. As a side note, I bought a k2 mod 4.0 a couple of years back and was suprised that a small size was the one recommended. I bought it mail order from Colorado and as it turns out it fits me fine. I am just a hair under 5'9" but I don't know my other dimensions.

ive decided to go with a norco vfr 3. its a good bike built by good old canucks i think. i rode the fcr hard and it feels too flimsy in my opinion.