Bike Swap Meet this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippy, yes I was in the ally of the main section.

That wasnt a Gary Fisher, it was a Klein Altitude. I was sitting opposit that guy with a Avanti SS.

Yes, I spoke to the guys from Baum who had the Spot and a few other bits.....I might grab some Pace Carbon forks off them soon...

Originally posted by onegeargimp

Yes, I spoke to the guys from Baum who had the Spot and a few other bits.....I might grab some Pace Carbon forks off them soon...

Just steer clear of the red Baum frame they had there too, I'm having discussions with Santa.:p Ah, it would make a lovely Audax/Road bike for a shortie like me.

"onegeargimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hippy, yes I was in the ally of the main section.
>
> That wasnt a Gary Fisher, it was a Klein Altitude. I was sitting opposit that guy with a
> Avanti SS.

Was it? Oh, I just read the stickers man! :)

I don't recall the SS Avanti.. ah well.. one day!

hippy

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Blackburn is planning another Swap Meet to coincide with the Australia Day Madison (26/1/04).
>
> Cool!
>
> > By the way, haven't seen you at track training/racing, Hippy......
>
> Doh, busted! I've been slack. I really don't like having to drive to ride and I still haven't
> rigged up brakes on another fork for the NotAGibson. Gotta try and keep the gf happy too, hence
> dinner tonight. Maybe Thursday's novice session?
>

You want to buy a steel fork and RSX brake unit for $10?

You're welcome to a knackered STI unit for the brake lever as well.

Tim

Originally posted by Hippy
How hard is a Thu session? I might try for the one this week if it is not going to push me too hard
before the 24hr.
hippy [/B]

From my memory- and remember I haven't been to a Thursday for a long time- it consists of a warm up, some skills and then a few sprints etc. I'm reliably informed by my junior junior friends(eg. the ones who don't go to Monday or Wednesday sessions) that its fun, it has a focus on friendliness and is well worth going to. I'd recommend you give it a try, and I'll see what I can do about getting a Thursday night off work and coming down to give you a hand. My guess is (unless you are really quite incompetent ;)) that after a couple of sessions you'll be straight to Monday nights training and have Thursdays free again for your beloved Criteriums... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.